Chapter 22

Kadance's POV

When I wake up, I no longer feel the warmth of Blayne next to me. I look around to see that he is no longer there. I guess he left after I fell asleep. Is it weird that I miss him laying next to me? It's still dark outside so I check my phone to see what time it is. There is a notification on my phone that I have a new message. Maybe it's Jace. He was supposed to text me. I open the message and my heart sinks to the bottom of my chest. The message is from an unknown number with a picture attached. The picture is of me and Blayne at the restaurant.

Unknown: It looks like someone is being a bad girlfriend. Going out with other guys while her loving boyfriend is at home worrying and missing her. Maybe it's time for you and your new friends to learn a lesson. No one takes what is mine and you, my love, are mine.

After reading the text, I can't breathe. I throw my phone across the room. I don't want it anywhere near me. I don't want to see that text message again. I fucked up by agreeing to stay here. I knew it was a stupid idea, yet I let them talk me into it. Now they are all in danger and it's all my fault. I have to leave before he does something to one of guys. They shouldn't be pulled into my shitty life.

I pack my suit case and slowly make my way downstairs. As I head towards the garage, I hear the guys talking kitchen. I eavesdrop on their conversation, only to confirm that I need to get out here before I cause any of them to get hurt.

"What do you mean she is more danger than we expected?" I hear Jared ask.

"I got a message from an unknown saying that we need to stay far away from her or else. They even got a hold of Jace's brother." Blayne tells the guys.

"So Jace took off so he wouldn't be caught in the crossfire?" Kyle questions.

"No. Jace, had no clue. I thought the same thing at first, but whoever contacted me threaten Jace's brother, not Jace. Jace's brother came up with the lame excuse that he needs Jace to help with the gym to get him away from Kadance."

"And you believe him?" Jared ask but in tone sounds deadly.

"Yes." Blayne says timidly. "He loves her, and not in a she's my little sister type way. He's in love with her."

"W-What?" Jared growls. Why does Jared seem so upset that Jace might love me? Wait. Jace loves me? No Blayne must have misunderstood Jace.

No longer being able to handle the conversation I make my way to the garage. I know I shouldn't, but I decided to take Blayne's car. I need to get out of her as fast as possible. I will send him some of my money from one of my fights to help pay for the car.

I enter the car and slowly pull out of the drive way with the only thought in my head is that I need to get as far as away as possible from here.

Jace's POV

I finally make it to the guys' house when I realize the garage is open. What stupid idiot left the garage open when they know that Ryan is trying to find Kadance? I run to the house and knock on the door waiting for someone to answer it. Jared answers the door and I look around the room seeing all the guys, but I don't see Kadance.

"Who was the idiot that left the garage door open?" I growl.

"The garage door isn't open. I checked before I went to sleep last night." Jared responds.

"Well it's open now."

"What?" They all say at one time.

Kyle runs to the garage to check it out. "We have a problem." He shouts from the garage.

"What?" Blayne yells before entering the garage and looking around. "Fuck. Where's Kadance?"

"What do you mean where's Kadance?" I question now feeling irritated.

"My car is gone." Blayne says with a look of worry in his eyes.

Jared's POV

"My car is gone." Blayne says. I run upstairs to Kadance's room not waiting for anyone to say anything else.

I don't even knock on her door as I scream, "Kadance!" She's not here. I start to panic and search through her room to see if I can find anything that would give us a clue on why she would just leave without saying a word to us or where she would go. A few minutes past before everyone else enters her room.

"She's gone. She packed up everything and left." I say feeling defeated.

"Not everything." Alex says in a low voice. "She left her phone."

"Give it to me." Jace demands. He looks through it and he start to lose color. It's as if he seen a ghost.

"What?" Blayne and I yell at the same time.

Jace gulps, "He saw y'all at the restaurant."

"What?" Blayne says looking terrified.

"He sent a picture of the two of you having dinner." Jace says before showing us the text message that went with it.

Unknown: It looks like someone is being a bad girlfriend. Going out with other guys while her loving boyfriend is at home worrying and missing her. Maybe it's time for you and your new friends to learn a lesson. No one takes what is mine and you, my love, are mine.

"We've got to find her before he finds her." I tell everyone. We start to come up with an idea. Alex says he can track Blayne's car using the GPS, but we are interrupted by Jace's phone ringing.

Jace's POV

"Hello?" I say answering my phone.

"Is this Jace Matthews?"

"Yes, May I ask who is calling"

"Yes. This is North County Police. Do you know a Haley Jacobs?"

"Y-Yes. Why?" I ask as a sinking feeling settles in my stomach.

"We found your business card in here wallet, and we weren't sure who else to call."

"Is she okay?"

"No. She's been in a car accident. They are taking her to St. Joseph's Hospital now. Do have a number where we can reach her family at?"

"No, but I am her family. I'll be there right away. Do you know how badly she was hurt?"

"I don't really know, but to me it looks really bad. I would hurry if I were you. I'm very sorry."

"Thank you." I tell the office before hanging the phone up. Everyone in the room is staring at me waiting for me to tell them who was on the phone.

Tears start to fall from my eyes when I tell the guys, "Kadance has been in a car accident and it doesn't look good. We need to go now."