Dinner

"You did great during filming today", Brett commented while shoveling some rice into his mouth. Eddy just shrugged and continued pushing his food from one side of the plate to the other, even though his stomach screamed for him to just take a bite. The idea of doing so made him feel sick.
Brett sighed and swallowed the dry rice he had put in his mouth.. "I'm worried about you, Eddy... and I worry that if you're not talking to me about it, you're not talking to anyone..."
"I'm fine, don't worry about it", Eddy said quickly, lying through his teeth. He just wanted to escape the situation, get out so Brett couldn't question him more about it. He tried to keep calm, but he could feel himself just wanting to cry. It felt awful making Brett worried like that.
"I can't help worrying about it, Eddy, I know you're very obviously not fine." Eddy felt the words sting in his heart. He hated making him worry.
"I... I'm seeing a therapist... and uh... it's helping..." Eddy said, only lying about the last part. He was seeing a therapist, but so far it only seemed to make him feel bad about everything. At least it had given him a lable on how he felt. Depression.
"Really? That's good at least!" Brett said, trying to seem entusiastic. He was actually relieved he was getting some help, but the bright red streaks he had seen on Eddy's arms just hours before made him question how bad he must have been before getting help if the therapy had helped him.
"Yeah." Eddy moved a part of his rice to the other side of the plate again. Some of the rice stuck to his fork, and he licked it off and put the fork aside.
"I'm not really hungry, I'll save it for later", he said and started putting his second round of leftovers into a box.
Brett sighed. "You haven't eaten all day, how can you not be hungry?" he questioned, but was ignored by the pale boy. Had he become skinnier lately? It was hard to tell under his baggy clothes.
"I'll be in my room if you need me", Eddy said before throwing his box of leftovers into the fridge and shuffling out of the kitchen.