Ch. 5

4 years later. (I'm legit not trying to rush anything but at the same time I'm impatient.)

I open the door and the first thing I see is my favorite flower pot smashed on the floor. I see the kids in different locations in the living room, Aiden is attempting to try to clean up by sweeping invisible dust. Damien is playing dead. Caden is crying. And Jaylyn is trying to fix the pot. "Who broke it?" I ask calmly Caden now start screaming and Aiden sweeps faster. It's funny because he can barely hold the broom but I'm in momma discipline mode right now. Jaylyn looks up and points at the boys.

"I didn't d-do I-it m-mommy." Caden cries out hugging my leg. I know this method me and siblings did it all the time.

I would play dead, Skylar would cry because she knew we would get in big trouble and Dylan would try and point fingers or clean it up.

"I-it was D-Damy and A-Aidy." Caden
Sniffles out pointing. I tell Damien and Aiden to come here.

"No Damy alweady dead Damy not need to die awain" he says and plays continues to sit there.

"You betta get up befowe you wet in mowe twouble." Jaylyn says.

"No no Damy dead." He says again. Aiden looks around and looks at me.

"Me ok? I won't need pop pop." He says popping hisself.

"See me alweady get pop pop." He smiles. I laugh not even taking them seriously. I gently pop Damien legs and he screams.

"ME DEAD ME DEAD FOR WEAL NOW!" He yells dramatically. I roll my eyes walk in the kitchen. "You all hungry?" I ask looking in the fridge. They all run this way and say me. I get out the fruit salad I made last night and grab plates. I grab they're sippy cups and fill them with apple juice. "Where is aunty Sky?" I ask. "She went work." Aiden says stuffing two grapes in his small mouth.

Skylar comes in with a sad face with puffy eyes. "Nevaeh. We have to go back to the pack hospital this weekend." She says wiping her eyes. My mood drops and after cleaning Damien mouth I walk over to her.

"What's wrong who is sick?" I ask hugging her.

"Dad was attacked by rogues last night. And he's going to be ok but he's in bad condition." She sobs. Instantly I feel my heart drop.

I feel tears sting my eyes and I hug her. "Kids you know grandpa right?" I say wiping my eyes.

They all squeal. "PawPaw!" They yell raising their hands in the air.

"Well pawpaw is not feeling well and we will go see him ok?" I say. They're faces drop and Jaylyn reaches her hand out I help her down and she looks up at me with her big brown eyes.

"Pawpaw has a boo boo I will wiss it make it alll betta." She says smiling. I look down at how innocent she looks and smile."

"Yeah make it alll better." I say back to her. I pick her up and clean her face while Skylar is working on the boys.

I start thinking to my self. Kason shouldn't be there I mean his dad will because his dad is bestfriends with mines. But Kason has no relationship with my parents. So it's very unlikely he will be seeing my dad at the hospital.

I hear the kids go out in the backyard and I follow them. I don't care if we have a fence they're only 4 years old and should be watched when playing outside.

"I'll watch them you go rest. You have to prepare on letting your kids meet their dad." She says standing up and turning off the tv.

"Umm where you get that idea from?" I ask turning around her eyes narrow at me and I sigh. "What if he doesn't want them I mean you heard what I told you he doesn't want a committing lifestyle." She rolls her eyes and looks at me.