Chapter Nine

Wednesday, August 28th, 2019

Sheila

    Xion was the first to laugh, followed by Zaivinth's moonlight chuckle. "No," Xion held on to Vince's arm, laughing still. "We are the only family by heart."

    "Even that is a bit of a stretch." My mate grinned down at Xion, a brotherly smile on his face. Oh, I understand, they have spent so much time with each other they are like siblings.

     "I'm sorry," I said fiddling with my hands out in front of me. "I didn't mean to offend you." I didn't really know what I was saying. My eyes were on the marble floor.

    "Oh heavens, do not apologize! It's an understandable mistake." I lifted my eyes to meet Xion's, his features now filled with worry.

     I gave him a lopsided, shy, smile before turning to look at my Mate. "We are not offended." He offered a reassuring smile. "We love you in our company." He added.

    "So you can make fun of me." I almost pouted. I straighten my spine, getting my emotions together.

    "Yes and no." My mate teased flicking off Xion's hand on his arm before walking over to me. He placed two large hands on my shoulder squeezing them. "I will always take up the offer of teasing you." He poked my nose with his pointer finger. "And I will always love your company more than anyone else."

    I wanted to get up on my tippy toes and kiss that smirk right off his face. Though I held back.

    "How dare you, Sheila!" Xion gasped, I flicked my eyes to Xion to see his hand going to his mouth dramatically. I watched as Vince wrapped an arm around my shoulder, turning to face his best friend.

     "How dare I what—" I was about to finish my sentence, but I guess I was just too slow.

    "How dare you steal Zaivinth from me!" Xion chuckle, the thing to fake a shout. Everyone in the almost empty main hall laughed.

     "I'm sorry," I said, sarcasm dripping from every word. "Though I don't plan to give him back." I teased, a honeyed laugh escaping my lips.

     I saw Xion sigh dramatically, "another brother lost to the mating bond." He put the back of his palm onto his forehead and sighed again.

    "Aren't you mated?" I asked looking up at my own mate. I have only been eighteen for a little while, yet I had already found my own mate.

    "I am not. Elves do not 'Mate' per se. We fall in love, though even though we don't really have a choice on who it is, we try to pick a good person, for we can only fall in love once." His green eyes locked with mine. His eyes were the color of healthy grass, so beautiful, so lovely.

    "What if you choose wrong?" I asked, not being able to help myself. I watched the Xion shrug.

     "Like I said you don't really have a choice. Love doesn't allow you to choose, it just happens." 

    "Look at us, Sheila." Vince was looking down at me when I turned my head towards him.

     "We didn't get to choose, but I'm sure we are doing alright." He gave me a toothy grin.

     "I guess you are right."

     "Enough with the love bird stuff, I'm sick of it!" Shouted Xion playfully.

     I rolled my eyes in the same playful manner. "Fine," I untangled myself from Vince's arms. "I'll pity the single this one time." We all laughed.

    "Are you guys going to go to the banquet we are hosting?" Xion's tone turned slightly more serious. He looked at Zaivinth then at me.

    "Banquet?" I asked, an eyebrow raised. What 'Banquet' was going to be held. Was it large, unmissable? I was so curious.

    "Yes, since the Elven kingdom, myself, are hosting countless kings, queens, and lords for the next week, we would be holding a banquet on the first and last day," Xion explained with his hands.

    "Oh really?" I said curiously. "And what will be at these banquets." I couldn't stop myself from asking.

     "Food and wine—" Vince started.

     "And dancing, flowers, friends, music. Not just wine and food. Please don't make me look bad in front of your mate." Xion scolded, which just earned a scoff from my mate.

     "Will you go?" I looked up to my mate. His eyes shifted from Xion's to my own.

     "Do you want to?" He didn't give me his answer. I just nodded my head hopefully. "Then I'm going. I'll have a dress sent up to your room. Before you go down, I'll come to get you so we enter together."

     "Go down together?" I questioned earnestly. "A dress?"

     "A dress for dining, unless you want to wear something else, and we will leave together with my lovely mate, because we arrived together, and you are my mate." He spoke, love in every word.

     Then, we stared into each other eyes, one not wanting to be the one to break it.

    "You guys keep forgetting I'm here and it hurts." We switched our gazes towards Xion who had his arms crossed sternly in front of his golden chest plate.

     "We apologize. It's just..." Vince looked down at me longingly, "hard to resist." He looked back up to Xion. "You will understand once you find the one."

    There was an exchange of reassuring nods. "That's what they all say. I don't believe it." He sighed and raised his hands in defeat. "Winning battles of war is easier than winning a girls heart." He shook his head.

    "Now if you would excuse me, I must make sure my other guests are settling in well." Xion turned to one of the doors.

    "Goodbye Xion," Vince said.

     "Goodbye fellow brother." He raised a hand in partings, disappearing down the hallway.

     "Should I show you to your room?" Zaivinth said with a grin on his face, I hope he was as glad as I am to be alone with him now.

    "Yes, please." I grinned like a mad man.

     "Follow me, my princess."

Yay. Done. I'm so tired homies.

Little more info on Xion

Little more info on Xion... HES SINGLE LADIES. HE IS TAKING REQUESTS! Comment if you want him aha.

What color do you think would suit Sheila's eyes?

What type of dress should she wear?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE