Chapter Thirty-Two

October 28, 2019

Sheila

    He walked to the door, slightly cracking it. Then all of a sudden it swings open, sending Zaivinth flying backwards. I couldn't contain my giggle, though it stopped dead in my throat.

    "You stupid girl!" Weni howled as she stormed into the room. "I've never met someone who knows as little details on what they are than you." She hovered over the bed, looking down at me with her hands on her hips.

    I smiled weakly, though I reached up and pulled her into a hug. "I missed you," I sighed into her hair. She wrapped her arms around me.

    "I missed you too."

    "Wait." She pulled back, "I'm still mad at you." She narrowed her eyes again, though I just laughed. I say up leaning against the bed frame.

    "So doctor Weni, what's wrong with me." I waved a hand, gesturing to my body.

    "Oh only that you went outside during a blood moon." She rolled her eyes, sarcasm dripping from every word. "And the one of the only weaknesses to the Shadow Wolf race."

    "Weaknesses?"

    Her eyes became serious and hard as she met my stares. "You should have died, Sheila."

    "What?" I gasped, I knew I wasn't doing to well when I coughed up blood. I don't think anyone would consider that a good sign, though I didn't think it meant death. "How did I survive then?"

    She looked at me before drawing her eyes away to look at Flores who was quietly conversing with my mate. She pointed a finger at him from over her shoulder. "The wizard saved you. Probably one of only person on the planet that could." The men stopped their conversation and looked at us, Flores gave a little wave. While Vince shoved his hands into his pant pockets  and leaned up against the wall.

    She turned to look back at me, she sighed, "I don't know how you managed to be so lucky." She gripped the bridge of her nose.

    Flores stepped forward, a hand stroking his long beard. "What I want to know," he glanced at Zaivinth who was threatening him hard with his eyes. "If you are willing to tell me," he took a uneasy glance back at Vince.

    Vince just nodded in approval. I guess he didn't like Flores tone.

    "How have you survived till now. The blood moon happens twice a year. Yet you seem oblivious to it."

    I scratched my head, "I normally didn't look at the moon, I was usually asleep before the moon came up." I used to garden from sun up till sun down. I would be so tired from that, that I just fell asleep.

    "Lucky." Weni groaned, "just luckily."

     "I'm starting to think the same." Flores chuckled, which earned him a right hook to the arm from Vince.

    "Thank you for saving my life, Flores." His eyes flicked up to mine while in the midst of scolding Zaivinth for hitting him. Zaivinth was just rolling his eyes at the old man.

    He smiled, "it was your life," he nudged Zaivinth, "or mine. So I decided to save us both." We chuckled at that.

    "Well, I think it's time for you guys to leave." Zaivinth opened the door.

    Weni looked at him and nodded before looking back at me, "get better soon." She smiled softly before leaving.

    "Alright, I'll see you when you get better, Shei."