Chapter Sixteen

September 29th, 2019

Shelia

"What?" I gasped, "why?" My mouth was agape. Had I done something wrong? Already? No, I couldn't have. Oh, could I have?

I replayed all the memories of the last day in my head. Am I such a horrible creature that there had already been a threat on my life. Am I such a beast?

I wanted to crawl into a corner and hide. Hide from the world. I was too free. Much to open.

I clenched my hands to my chest trying to stop them from shaking. Had someone already been hurt by my curse? "What did I do?" The horror in my voice was undeniable.

I saw worry and pain flicker through those bright blue eyes. He reached out his hands and grasped my own. He brought them to his chest. "You have done nothing wrong. Nothing." His voice wavered.

I had to have done, something. I've always done something. Ever since I was six, I've been the cause of pain. Maybe it was better for me to live in isolation.

"We don't know the person who has threaten your life. Xion has called the Folium Corps and he's hunting them down at this very moment."

     "Hunting then down? Folium Corps? Who?" The questioned rambled out of my mouth.

    I watch his eyes glance from my eyes, to over my shoulder, to my eyes, to down the hall, then back to my eyes. "Is it alright if I come inside?" He glanced over my shoulder. "So we can speak in a more..." pause, calculating his words. "Secure area," he finished bf looking down the hall again.

    "Oh, yes! Please come in." I step out of his way, holding the door open for him. The argument we had long in the past now.

    He stepped inside and I closed the door behind him. I walked to my bed, sitting at the foot of it. He stayed at the door. "You can sit down." I patted the spot next to me.

    "It is a gentleman's job to stand at the door while the lady is in her nightgown." My cheeks flushed, it didn't even cross my mind that I was wearing nothing but a nightgown.

    "Anyways," I stuttered out. "What is this 'corps' group hunting people down?"

    "It's Xion's secret army. They are the elite of the elite that carry out his business, under the cover of the night." He leaned on the door his arms crossed.

    "And why in the world are they endangering themselves for me?" I mirror Zaivinth, and cross my arms across my chest, breathing out through my nose.

    "Xion was just as angry as me when we heard the news. There is nothing more precious to him as family." He locked his eyes with my own, fire from the candles danced across his features.

    "But I'm not his family," I said confused.

    "He doesn't have a family." Oh. Goodness, how sad.

    "What happened?" I gasped out, I couldn't bear what it would be like to lose a parent. My situation was different, I had never met my parents, so I never had the chance to lose them.

    He shook his head sadly his eyes now on the floor, "it's not my story to tell." There was a silence, it was like Zaivinth was there. His eyes were up again. "To him, we are family. I had grown up with him. He doesn't take threats to his family lightly."

    "What will he do when he finds the people," I said, a tingle on horror in my voice.

    "Do you really want to know?" He raised a brow. It must be quite gruesome if he had to give me a chance to reconsider.

    I nodded my head, I squeezed my arms tighter to myself. "Well, for starters," he began, his eyes were on mine, though I knew his mind was in a different place. "They will hang." I sucked in a breath. "From their ankles with their achilles cut to bleed out."

     Oh, my gods.

    "They will have their crimes nailed to them, and left to rot." He shrugged like it was old news. Though it left me shaking in fear. Thank goodness I was on their side, I couldn't imagine otherwise.

    "That's quite horrible." I turned my head and looked out of the open window. I looked at the lanterns lighting up the bridges outside. I watch people stumble to their homes.

    "It would be worse if I had to deal with them."

     "You mean in your kingdom?" He nodded his head. I just left it at that, I didn't want to know what he would do to them. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

    "I must be going. Queens should have their beauty rest." He pushed himself off from the door.

    Queens. Me. Gods no.

    I stood from the bed and went to open the door for him. The golden handle sparkled in the candlelight. I pulled the door open and he walked out.

    "Have a nice sleep my beautiful mate." He picked up my hand and have my knuckles a kiss.

    "Goodnight, mate." A said back to him, a soft smile on my lips. The smile he showed back to me.

    It was like nothing in the world was wrong. Even though everything was.

    I woke up to the morning breeze brushing my black hair into my face. Sticky sweat drenching my brow. I groaned and stretched, my eyes close, too sensitive to the sun to open them so soon.

    I turn over to my back, I missed my mate. Yawning I rubbed my eyes, opening them up.

    I saw it.

    I screamed.

    There was a dead raven nailed to the ceiling. A silver nail in each of its wings. Its eyes were gouged out. I realized what the sweat on my brow was when I saw a drop of blood fall from the raven.

    The raven was freshly killed. I scrambled off the bed out of pure fear. I rubbed at my brow drastically, trying to wipe off the blood. I couldn't help slumping to the grown we I screamed when I saw the blood on my hands.

    This made me realize, whoever wanted me dead wanted to play sick games and torment before ending me.

—-

Boom bada bing. Done and I'm so tired.

Wow, someone is giving Sheila a hard time

What happened to Xion's family?

How do you think Sheila is going to act?

Is Xion a good best friend?!

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE!!