Chapter Sixty-Five

January 7th 2020

Sheila

We readied the battering rams, and I ordered my mate to leave and order his own legion. They would be preforming an air assault on the castle, and as a werewolf, I couldn't be much help in leading in the sky.

Cebrus was with his men jumping from tree to tree. It send shivers down my spine to see all of them move with deadly silence. The only one left by my side was Xion who stuck to me like glue. His men and the rest of my own were standing to the sides of us, though we were in crouch.

"Where are they?" I looked to Xion with worry in my voice. I kept my voice hush so that my men didn't hear my distress.

"They should be arriving soon" he looked to the sky, "don't worry, Herus is always late." It made me want to growl, being late for war and late for tea time is two very different things. I felt a bit of my insanity start to knock in the walls of my brain. It made me dizzy.

I gripped Xion's arm and he looked back at me with worry in his eyes. "Sheila?" He looked into my face. "What's wrong?" He grabbed my shoulder, right under my shield.

"Nerves," I leashed my insanity and wished that Cebrus was with me. I needed to tell my mate about this, but it had left my mind till just recently.

"I understand," he gave my shoulder a hood pat. "I'm nervous too," he looked forward at the castle then back at me. "Every time I'm on the battlefield I get nervous. It makes me realize that I'm truly made for the paperwork. Unlike your mate, who was made for war." I was about to speak but I was cut off. "It was such a surprise to me when I saw you standing next to him as his mate."

I raised an eyebrow, "whatever do you mean?" Before Zaivinth I didn't really think of what my ideal mate would be like. Honestly I was praying that I didn't have one. Now I'm so glad to have such great people in my life. Just imagine if I chose to stay in that cottage. I sighed, it's been a crazy adventure so far.

"His country is war driven, bloodlust flows through their veins." He looked at me, "you were quiet, harmless even." It was true, I didn't even hurt a fly till recently. "But now I look at you," he smiled, one of the rare ones, "I definitely see a queen ready to defend her mate and people."

My eyes widened, "come here." I pulled him into a hug, wrapping my arms from under his own. "I'm so grateful to have you as a friend. Even through thus chaos, I'm glad that has stayed the same." He tightened his arms around me, his arms under my shield.

Then he broke apart from me suddenly. "Guess who is here," he smiled wide and then the the ground shook, shaking everything. I looked up to Cebrus to see him hanging onto the tree for dear life. Then he was looking at me, our eyes relaxed when we saw that one another was okay.

I look behind me to see, Giants? As tall at the clouds, walking in our direction. Then we saw a flaming ball from the castle shoot into the sky. "Alright men, they know we are here! Move towards the castle!" I hauled my sword and shield in my hand and started to make a break for the castle entrance.

Seconds later the dragons shot unto the sky, an entire fleet of them, at the head, my beautiful white dragon. The ram was up ahead already pushing up the mountain. I followed behind them, my shield above my head getting ready to the defensive arrows.

Then it hit, it rained arrows down on us, I pulled Xion under my shield to protect him. Though the sacrifice was the my arm was pierced by one of the arrows. I watched one of the men in front of us pushing the ram fall.

It seemed like we were slowing down. "Come on! Push onwards!" I let Xion go sort out one of his newer commander that was cowering behind. I took the place of the fallen man on the ram and kept pushing.

"Queen Sheila?" The man next to me gasped in surprise. "What are you doing here? That's most venerable part." He gasped out a breath. He was a dragon, of course, as we were the strongest, most able to push this hunk of steel.

The men up ahead were at the gate. "Picking up for your lazy ass, push!" I growled, a little bit of Weni's attitude escaped my mouth. I heard him laugh and kept pushing. I love my soldiers.

"Fire!" I didn't know that voice, I raised my shield over my head once more, avoiding the assault of arrows. It came raining down, though the ram kept moving. Then we hit the gate.

"Back!" I ordered, rocking the ram backwards. "Forward!" We rammed into the gate. We had to do that four times before we broke a hole into the wall.

The men around us swarmed and pushed the door open. We pushed the ram into the courtyard and I left them, for I had to deal with other problems, such as Azai.

"Sheila!" Xion's voice sounded to the side of me. "This way!" Then fire erupted from over us. It was the dragons fire, they fried the faeries, I watched as the metal soaked I got their own skin. The smell of burning flesh thick in the arm. "We have to look for the king and queen!" He shouted and then we worked to grab a group of men, some in which looked like they had zero to none battle experience. None of which were my men.

We funneled into the castle the hallways guarded with men. I went first, Xion and the rest followed after me. The first fae came at me and I raised my sword to block his overhead attack. Then I raised my shield into him, making him stumble back. Then I put my blade through him.

Three arrows went around me into the two men up ahead. The castle rattled making all of us fall to the ground. I grabbed the nearby wall as everything shook. Pieces of the roof fell from the ceiling hitting us in the head and shoulders. The glass chandeliers that were hanging on the wall shattered onto the ground. "Those damn giants, do they know we are in here?" Groaned Xion who was in the ground, I reached down and helped him up.

"They probably don't." I said as I watched all the men stand. We started walking and we came to a cross road. I lived in this castle for a little while, though with all the damage, nothing looked familiar. "Where do you think Azai would be?" I asked Xion as I scanned the hallway. I just earned a shrug from him, basically telling me it's my choice where we go. Some people were crushed by the falling ceiling.

Then I saw a yellow gleam. A star. I knew what that star stood for. "This way!" I ushered the men this way as we started to run down the hallway. After ending a few more fae we came to another crossroad. I searched for the yellow gleam of a star. Then I saw it in the corner of my eye. "There!" They probably thought I was insane, though I was sure that Fein was leading me to where I needed to go. He was the god of guidance after all.

After a few more turns, we came across the throne room. I looked back at Xion who nodded at me before drawing back his bow. His men followed suit. I sighed and took the handle in my hand and turned it. Then I kicked it open.

The second I did, all I saw was a flame of yellow blazing towards my face.

Fein gets a gold star hehe.

ms-BkbIlj

ms-BkbIlj.gif

What's going to happen next?

Are you worried for Xion and Sheila?

Who is your top 5 fav characters?

Comment and Vote Pwease