ouch, my ego

Artemis did not take her eyes off of Cassandra after her Jade comment, watching as her as she laughed at one of Dick's lame jokes. Artemis narrowed her eyes, about to confront the young Bat when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She whirled around to see Wally giving her a knowing look.

"It won't get you anywhere. She's a Bat, remember? She won't reveal any information. We'll have to do this the old fashioned way."

"'We'?" Artemis arched a brow questioningly, averting her eyes to the team as they warmed up for the sparring. "Who else do you plan on bringing in on this?"

"Well, 'this' isn't really an established thing. And I'm pretty sure the entire team is curious to find out the identity of the Bats so we have back up." Wally smirked smugly, quickly changing his expression when Dick sauntered up to them. "Hey man, you ready to get your butt kicked?"

Dick scoffed good naturedly, clapping Wally on the back. "What did I tell you about talking to yourself? Besides, Spoiler wants to fight first. Any challengers?"

"I'll fight her." Bart volunteered, shrugging when Jaime gave him an incredulous look. "What? I need a good workout."

"More like ass kicking, but okay." Tim mumbled, shooing everyone off to the sidelines while Bart and Stephanie took to the middle of the room. "Rules are simple; no powers and no gadgets or weapons. Go!"

Bart dove at Steph but she was took agile, leaping into the air and pushing off his shoulders to shove him off balance as she catapulted herself over his head. Bart stumbled a few steps, turning around just in time to catch Stephanie's foot to the face, sending him backwards. He caught himself before he fell completely over, wiping the blood from his nose.

Bart decided to let Steph go on offense, waiting for her to attack. She faked him out, making it look like she was going to dive at him so he would duck right into her kick, sending him sprawling onto his back and declaring Steph the winner.

Bart groaned from the ground, accepting Stephanie's offered assistance to his feet. "Totally not crash."

"Hey, you volunteered." Steph shrugged, turning to the rest of the group with a triumphant grin. "Who's next?"

I don't want to get embarrassed like that.

Me neither.

Guys, it was Bart fighting her. Anyone else could take her.

Oh yeah? Prove it.

Fine.

Artemis sighed loudly, stepping forward. "I'll fight you."

Steph squealed loudly, clapping her hands giddily. "Yay! A real challenge!"

What is with her?

Too much sugar?

She was the only one who ate Hood's cookies after the first bite...

Artemis entered the sparring area, ignoring the chanting of her teammates as her and Stephanie circled each other. Artemis learned from Bart's mistake and let Steph make the first move, grabbing her fist when it tried to connect with her cheek. She punched Steph in the stomach, releasing her grip on Steph's fist in the process.

Stephanie leaped backwards, glaring at Artemis. She dove at the archer, kicking her in the stomach and forcing Artemis to stumble back.

The two blondes stood there breathing heavily, eyes narrowed at each other. Steph smirked, stepping back a few feet to the puzzlement of Artemis. She didn't have time to question it before Steph went sprinting past her, up the wall a few feet, flipping off before tackling Artemis, pinning her shoulders to the ground and declaring Steph the winner once more.

That was a very convoluted way to victory.

That's Spoiler for you, she is the epitome of dramatic.

Steph got off of Artemis, helping the older blonde to her feet. "Nice fighting, perhaps when this is all over we can work out together, yeah?"

Artemis didn't reply, walking back over to a smirking Bart. "Not as easy as it looks, right?"

"Shut up."

Ooh, Arte is ma-ad.

I will hurt you.

Like you did Spoiler?

She cheated.

Did she though? No rules against using the environment to your advantage.

Shut up.

"I want to fight." Cassandra surprised everyone when she spoke up, some forgetting she was there due to how quiet she was.

"Alright, who do you want to fight?"

Cassandra was silent a moment, eyeing the team and the Bats through her mask. Her gaze landed on Cassie. "Her. With powers."

"Are you sure? I don't want to hurt you." Cassie stepped forward, trying to ignore Dick's mumbled comment.

'It's a battle for the name.'

Wonder Girl? Why would she- Omigosh, her name is Cassie too!

Cassandra nodded silently, smirking under her mask as Cassie got into on offensive position. Immediately she launched herself forward, her arm pulled back to punch Cassandra, who simply stepped aside. As she did so, she jabbed two fingers into the pressure point on Cassie's arm, making it go numb and useless.

"What the-?" Cassie was cut off by a kick to the face, sending her flying into the rocks. She shook herself off, glaring at Black Bat. "That's it." Cassie flew at her, her good arm pulled back to punch again. This time, Cassandra grabbed her fist and used her momentum to flip her over onto her back, declaring Cassandra the victor.

"How did she do that?" Garfield whispered in awe as Cassandra helped Cassie off the ground.

"Black Bat can mimic anyone's fighting style after seeing it once. She is also a Bat, so that helps." Tim spooked the team by appearing next to them, watching his sister as she helped bring feeling back into his girlfriend's arm. "Plus, she was raised by the League so that doesn't hurt her fighting."

"What?!"

"C'mon, Artemis was raised by the League as well. We really can't judge." Barbara almost snapped, throwing an arm around Cassandra. "We don't choose our relatives, but we do choose our family."

The team exchanged looks, deflating in their anger. "You're right."

"Of course I am, I'm Batgirl."