Chapter 13

A/N: Hiya! It's me here! :D I've come back from ma hols and this chapter was written the minute I got back coz I was just so pumped to write this! (if that makes any sense..) Anways, I have dedicated this chapter to KelseyJDefenbaugh Thanks for the comments chica! :D

I'm so glad that you all like my story and thanks so much for all the votes and comments and for just reading my story! :D

Here you go:

Lori's Pov

It's been a week since my argument with Seth and I've successfully avoided him since then. I'm hoping that I would be able to avoid him at the school's Halloween party that I'm going to tonight. Another argument with the Alpha is not on my to-do list.

I'm scheduled to meet Adrian and Ariella at the mall in a few minutes and I'm kinda late. Which is not good.

"Shit." Cursing, I ran back inside and grabbed my car keys before dashing out the door and hopping to my car on one foot, my other foot getting stuck in my boot. I opened the door and clumsily tripped over and into my seat.

Smooth, Lori, real smooth.

Shaking my head at myself, I inserted the keys into the ignition and started the engine. Well, I tried to anyway.

"Bloody hell, just work already!" I shouted furiously to my car as I slammed my hands on the dashboard in frustration, "Damn ice."

Turns out that my engine had decided to fail on me.

Suddenly, my ringtone rang from the backseat of my car and I twisted round to get it, half my body in the back and my butt facing the windshield. Not a pleasant sight.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming! Hello?"

"Lori! You were meant to meet us at the mall ten minutes ago!" I winced as Ari screamed at me down the phone.

"Actually, if I remember correctly, it was exactly seven minutes ago."

"Shut up Lori. You're just digging yourself a hole." I heard Adrian shout in the background. I rolled my eyes before wincing again as Ari screeched, "Yeah. The hole is going to be her grave of she doesn't hurry up and get here!"

"I will get there, okay guys?"

"You better. How long is it gonna take you?"

I bit my bottom lip and debated whether or not I should tell her about my car. I decided against it. She would only want to murder me even more. "Uh, well. Maybe 5 minutes? 10 minutes tops?"

I heard her sigh down the phone, "Just get here before the mall closes."

Before I could reply, she hung up.

Well, I guess that I'm gonna have to go in wolf form.

Two minutes later and I was freezing my butt off as I took off all the layers that I had on. I wasn't going to leave my clothes on before shifting otherwise they would just rip. Bending down, I started to take off my boots.

"Whoa, that is a sight you don't see very often. A little more than I bargained for but still... very nice."

Startled, I screamed before turning round and coming face to face with Seth.

I silently cursed before groaning and looking up to the sky. "You seriously couldn't have maybe directed him in the other direction? Jesus..."

"Haha, that's quite funny 'coz you were actually talking to Jesus. Lol."

I turned back around to face him. "Lol? Seriously, who even says that anymore? You're living in the 21st century you know."

Seth's Pov

I looked at her in amusement, "Ya know, you look kinda cute when you're angry. And for your information, everyone uses 'lol' these days."

She narrowed her eyes at me, "Correction: Everyone used to use 'lol' but now it's getting old and they only use it when they are texting. So I think you'll find that I'm right. And you're wrong."

I shook my head at her, choosing to ignore that last jab, and instead looked at her half naked form. "So, you wanna explain to me why you are undressing in the forest? Not to mention the fact that is bloody freezing out here..."

I couldn't help but stare at her toned body, "Where did you get all those muscles from? I mean, you've already mentioned to us all that you can't shift, which means that you don't get any exercise," I smugly smiled at her.

She glared at me and looked at me mockingly, "Well, you see Seth, there's this building called a gym, and people go there to exercise. But I guess you've never heard of it before, as you don't have any muscles." She looked me up and down, her eyes lingering on my arm muscles.

I smirked at her. She was obviously checking me out. "Uh, these arms that you were so clearly staring at, sugarplum, have muscles. So I've just proven you wrong."

My smirk grows wider when she blushes and averts her eyes before walking away from me, giving me a good look at her very fine backside.

"So, you still haven't answered my question."

"What question?" She asks innocently, turning back and stopping to look at me.

It's my turn to narrow my eyes at her, "Stop acting oblivious. Just answer me."

"I really don't know why you need to know. I was just going to go... go swimming in the lake near here."

"Really? Well, I'll join you."

"Uh, there's no need, I've already been."

"But you just said that you were just about to go."

"Well I meant that I've already been swimming so I'm going to put my clothes back on now."

"Okay, go ahead. Don't let my presence stop you."

She huffed at me before stomping over to her clothes and pulling them on.

That's weird. I was half expecting her to argue again. Hmmm.. guess I'll just have to find another way to annoy her.

Once she had finished changing, I asked, "What are you going to do now?"

I easily kept up with her fast steps, no doubt she was trying to get away from me.

"Don't you have anything else to do, other than annoy me?" she asked exasperatedly.

"Nope." I replied, popping the 'p'.

She sighed, "I'm supposed to meet my friends at the mall in 5 minutes."

"Woah, cutting time a bit, aren't we?"

"Whatever," She quickened her steps, making it out of the forest and heading towards the road.

"So how are you gonna get there?" I inquire curiously. I couldn't see her car anywhere.

She stopped dead before continuing to walk.

"I have my car here if you'd like a ride."

"No thanks." Came her ungrateful reply.

"I'm sure that Ariella will just be absolutely delighted when you turn up an hour behind schedule." I remark slyly.

She stomps her foot childishly before glaring at me, "Fine. Where's your car?"

Chuckling, I lead her towards my car and say, "I think that you owe me one after this."

"Shuddup." She grumbles.

Ah, this is gonna be one fun car ride.