Chapter 16: Part 2

A/N: Hope you all enjoy this! Remember what I said last chapter! :D

THREE YEARS LATER...
Lori's Pov
I smiled at the cashier as he scanned my items. What? He was hot!
'Not as hot as Seth..' a voice at the back of my mind said. I ignored it.
"Uh, that will be £7.99 please." he said in his sexy British accent.

"Right. Hang on," I delved into my bad and took out my purse, "Here you go."

He raised an eyebrow at me and smirked, "Still haven't gotten the hang of our currency? Sweetheart, you're in England and you need to speed up more with the money counting. There's a long queue of people behind you that are waiting."

I glared at him and took the bags with my shopping items. "Shame, you have the looks and the accent, but you have the mind of an arrogant jerk. Goodbye. And don't ever call me sweetheart. Only one person is allowed to call me that."

"Oh? And who is that person?"

"That's none of your business!" With that said, I stormed out of the shop.
I should've moved to Australia instead!
*******
When I arrived home, I unlocked the door and stepped inside, wondering at what luck I had.
When I left Seth three years go, I decided to use the large amount of money my parents left me to go abroad and buy myself a house. I ended up in England and I've lived happily here ever since. I even had a decent job as the personal assistant of Michael Ronan, the CEO of Ronan Architectures. It payed very well and I enjoyed it. I have to admit that I enjoyed the eye-candy the most. Michael Ronan was just so handsome and ungh. Okay, I've gotta stop thinking about him. It's never gonna happen. I wouldn't allow it. Just because I'm not with my mate doesn't mean that I should go around cavorting with other men. Diminishing those thoughts from my brain, I shook my head helplessly and entered my kitchen.
***********
'Brrriingg brrrriinnng. Brrriinngg brriinnn..'

"Alright, alright! I'm coming."
Putting down my sandwhich, I hastily wiped my hands and rushed to the telephone, answering it before it could stop ringing.

"Hello?" I inquired curiously, "Who is this?"

"Ms. Light, I would like you to come to the office now. There is someone I would like you to meet. He is going to be my business partner and since you are my PA, I need you to make an account of our deal and also write up a contract. You will be spending quite a lot of time with the both of us as we are going to have many meetings. I expect you in my office in about ten minutes." The deep voice of my boss sent me into business mode inmediately.

"Uh, yes sir. Of course. I will be there soon."
Ending the call, I wondered who the business partner could be...
--------
A/N: Yeah yeah, I know. This is such a short chapter and it really annoys me but keep in mind that this is like a part of the last chapter :D I will update tomorrow so don't worry!

Ooh, who do you think the business partner is? Dedication to the first person who guesses right! :D