chapter-11

Sanjay went to his office after leaving Niha at her house. He opened his cabin door to find Karthik sitting there.
" What's up bro. Is your anger gone?" , Sanjay questioned.

"Sanjay, Do you know what you are doing? That too by the weekend."
" Of course. "
" For what are you doing this? Just because she slapped you."

" I already told you no more talking about it. Why will you always question my choices?"
" It's not about your choices. You are taking a big decision in life man. Why can't you understand it?"

" It's not a big decision. I will leave her after an year. So, no worries."
" It's not about you. It's about her. What will other's think of her? What will be her future after that?" Karthik shouted angrily.

"I won't give a damn. It's her mistake. " Sanjay shrugged his shoulders.
" From what I know about her, she is a good person. Don't be controlling. If you want to stay with her be with her. If you want to let her go, let her go. But don't do both staying with her for one year and letting her go."

" What is your problem? Why are you making it a big issue?"
" I am making sure you won't regret the things you do now in future as my father doing. Though he is earning good, he is not happy for letting my mother go. His ego is damn big that he never went back to her. He lost her. I lost my mom. He is sad always thinking about her and my brother. But he don't want to take her back. I don't know how she is, where she is. My father keeps regretting what he does to a extent that he forgot he had a son with him," Karthik said with teary eyes.

Sanjay hugged Karthik. Karthik is not the person to show his vulnerable state same as Sanjay. But both of their friendship is such that they both knew about each other.

" Don't worry dude. It's going to be fine."
" I never want you in my father's position keep regretting things you do. It's not matter of one year. You decided to marry her. It's the bond between two people. You can't win over it. There will be magic in it that you will end up falling for it. It will happen for sure even though you don't want. So think before you do such things."

Karthik left Sanjay's cabin. Sanjay sat in his chair and was in deep thoughts. Karthik's words kept replaying in his mind. Many questions were playing in his brain.

He thought to himself," Why will I regret this? It's her mistake. Karthik said I will end up falling for her. Why would it happen? I hate her.No way I will fall for her. Might be in her dreams."He didn't know how much time passed by until was interrupted by Niha's call.

-----------------------------------------

After Sanjay left Niha, she went into her house thinking about Sanjay's words. She expected that he would surely marry her but not early. She didn't know how to tell her brother. She called Moukti to come to her house.

The door burst open revealing Moukti. She stepped in closing the door behind.
" One day you will break the door," Niha commented.
Moukti rolled her eyes," If didn't give such a grand entrance then how will you know it's me, idiot."

" So tell me, whats the matter?"
"I am going to marry on Saturday. "
" Oh my god! You are going to become aunty," Moukti joked.
" It's not funny. You know completely about him. He will leave me after an year," Niha replied sadly.

" Have you ever thought Sanjay will come after you?" Moukti questioned.
Niha shooked her head as no.
" But, now he wanted to marry you. Who knows he may end up falling for you."

" Don't joke around Moukti. Why would he? He don't like me. I am thinking I will end up hurting myself badly."
" No, Niha. Why would you get hurt? No one can resist you. This sentence is valid for him too. I bet that he will go head on heels for you within a month."

Niha laughed at her friend's gesture. The door opened and Varun entered in.
" Why are you early today?" Niha questioned.
" Day off," Varun replied.

Moukti signed Niha to tell Varun about the marriage. Niha turned towards Varun and said," Brother, I want to speak to you."
" Why? Does some thing bad happen at Sanjay's house?"

" No, actually they are very sweet. I wanted to tell you another matter."
" Don't beat around Niha. Just say straight. "
" Sanjay told that he wanted to get married quickly. So...."
" When?"
" This Saturday."

" You both already took the decision. Then why are you asking me?" Varun left from there leaving Niha and Moukti. Niha was looking at her brother. She knew her brother was hurt. She always tells Varun her decisions. But, this is the first time she didn't tell him.

Niha's eyes were filled with tears. She ran into her room. She didn't want to hurt her brother. It happened unknowingly. The decision is not in her hand.

Moukti went to varun. He was standing across the window looking outside.
Moukti entered in. Varun turned towards her.
" Can I talk to u?", Moukti asked.
" What is Niha doing?"

" She went to her room. Why you behaved with her like that? You know she won't do anything voluntarily. "
" It's just that I got angry. She will be leaving me alone. She is the only one I have," Varun replied sadly.

" I can understand you Varun. You love your sister a lot. One day you have to let her go. But, it happened quickly. Niha also feels the same . Your outburst making it worse. You know about her. She can't see your anger at her. Her condition will become worse if you act like this. What if her nightmares become severe?" Moukti questioned.

Varun eyes widened in shock.
" No, it can't happen," Varun shouted.
" So, go and talk to her. Don't make it difficult to her. Niha can't see you hurt."
Varun nodded his head.

"Ok, then. I will leave," Moukti replied. Varun paced towards Niha's room. Niha was sitting on the bed holding her knees close to head. She knew she hurt Varun. Varun's reply made it worse. She won't show herself weak infront of others. Varun's disapproval made the things worse. This is the first time she was crying after her mother's death.

Niha didn't notice when Varun entered her room until he patted her head. Niha immediately raised her head. She found Varun standing infront of her. She hugged him tight.
" I am sorry, Varun. I didn't mean to hurt you." She was crying a lot holding him.

Please vote and share my story