chapter-52

Sanjay turned the next page of Niha's diary and found a picture. He turned to see to whom the picture belongs.

It was his childhood picture. This was the picture that Niha saw in his house when she came for the first time.

He was happy that the photo got missing as Naina will show it to all the people who come to visit their house.

Naina turned the house upside down to find the photo. She demanded that she wants that picture no matter what. But, Naina didn't find it.

Now he understood why his mom couldn't find his photo. This crazy girl also turned into thief for him.

' Are you serious about him, Niha?', Moukti asked all of sudden.

' Do you have any doubt regarding that? Idiot. If I am not serious about him why will I go after him?'

' You don't know about him. What if he is a playboy? For suppose, you gathered your courage and told him. What if he doesn't like you?'

I instantly raised my head with food in my mouth to look at the most irritating person infront of me.

I swallowed the food in my mouth and said, ' You are so negative minded person Moukti.'

' I am negative! Shut up. You are 27 years Niha. You are fucking acting as a teenager infront of him. You're embarrassing yourself infront of him.'

' You won't understand, Moukti.'

' You're not understanding, Niha. Some things are good only from a far. When we go near to them, we end up hurting.'

My face fell listening her words.

Moukti noticed my sudden change in behavior and said, ' I didn't mean like that, Niha. He doesn't deserve you. How can he get such a sweet person?'

I know she told me for my satisfaction. What she told is right. He is far level above than me. I got my hopes high. I can't sit there.

' I got message from hospital. There is urgent case. I need to go.'

' I am sorry ok. I didn't mean like that. I understand you felt something.'

' You don't need to speak like that, ok. I got message. I need to leave.'

' You can't lie, Niha. You took day off. Why will you get message?'

' I will talk to you later. I will just go.'

' Atleast, wait. I will come with you.'

' Please Moukti, leave me for sometime, ' I said and left from there.

I couldn't comprehend what's going in my mind. I know I am acting ignorant towards Moukti. I can't help.

I know what she told me is right. She is thinking of me. She doesn't want me to suffer. What did my poor heart know?

She could atleast talk positively. My bestie cares for me. I know that but her words are hurting me.

I started feeling like I am low. I don't belong to his standard. She can atleast make me understand slowly. She is being straight forward.

I wasn't thinking straight. I should think properly..."

Why did she stop from there? What was going on in her mind?

" Evening Moukti came to meet me. Varun opened the door and allowed her to come to my room.

I saw her opening the room. I turned my head down in order to ignore her.