Chapter Seven

__••__

"Jonathan?" Gloria asked in disbelief and shook her head frantically. "It's hard to believe he'd do that. He loves you, Jenna, and he's a good guy."

The sullen woman ignored the words of her friend and took a small sip from the full glass of alcohol in her grasp, while her dull brown eyes stayed glued to a random spot in Gloria's living room. The silent woman shook her head, smiled tightly and sniffed then touched her cheeks that had dried up mascara stains trailing down them. She chuckled then relaxed perfectly on the couch she was sitting on.

"To think that I had already put everything aside for him, only for me to find him having some sort of sexual call with his supposed best friend," Jenna said in a dry tone. She smacked her lips then shifted her gaze to Gloria who had sympathy written all over her face.

"I really don't know what to say to you-honestly. I can't believe that Jonathan actually cheats on you," Gloria said and pulled her thighs close to her chest and flickered her eyes on to the surface of the coffee table between them.

Jenna shrugged dispassionately. "Normally, I would feel threatened about all these but," she smiled. "I barely do because, I read somewhere that any man who cheats has a low IQ and I can't believe I actually fell for him and worst of it all, I'm married to him. A dumb man. I feel so stupid at this point."

Gloria sighed. "Don't you think you should talk to him or even call Vera and you two speak to each other about all of these?"

"Excuse me? What am I supposed to talk to them about? That we should have a threesome with his best friend? Or she can have my husband anytime she wants?" Jenna laughed momentarily then frowned. "I wish there was a way to make him regret ever doing this to me."

Gloria stood up the moment Jenna rose up in a staggering manner. She watched as her drunken friend looked around the room like she was in search of something until she picked up her phone and stared at it with a wide smile on her makeup stained face.

"What are you doing?" She asked cautiously, her eyes moving from the device in her shaking grip to her blank face.

She beamed. "Trying to call my husband. I want to know if he's enjoying his time with Vera. If he doesn't answer, well, that would prove that he is sleeping with that woman."

Jenna staggered over to another couch and sat on it then unlocked her phone. She took a large gulp from her drink then proceeded to dial her husband up. The phone rang for a moment but he didn't respond which made her throw the phone across the room, which almost hit Gloria who had ducked in time.

"Are you out of your mind?!" The bob haired woman hollered in anger and marched up to a sulking Jenna. "Why did you throw your phone like that?"

Jenna grimaced. "He's with that slut! I knew it! I've only been here for like an hour and Jonathan always answers my call on the first ring. He didn't even answer my call and I know that!" She paused, index finger up in front of her as her breath hitched with eyes brimmed in hot and heavy tears. "I know that they are together at this moment. Kissing each other, t-touching each other, they could even be in love with each other. What am I saying? They love each other."

Gloria scoffed. "Are you even sure? Stop exaggerating things. What if we go back to your house and see nothing? What if he's just fast asleep or even worried about you?"

Jenna shot up on her feet and pointed angrily at Gloria who raised her hands in surrender. She dropped her hand and ran it over her face to her bushy mane.

"You are my friend and I expect you to support me and not defend that man. And I will prove to you that they are together," Jenna snapped her fingers with a stoic face, and looked around the room. "Where is my car key?"