Chapter Twenty Three

__••__

Jenna peeled the iron away from Jonathan's arm with a few hanging pieces of his flesh attached to it. She ignored the cry of pain from her husband, who was breaking out in thick layers of sweat, and painfully jerking. She leaned her head back, as a wave of pleasure and relief wash over her body. Jenna straightened her back, and brought her darkened gaze on the burnt part of his arm that had the branding of the triangular shape of the iron.

"Please, stop this," he pleaded, his face red and eyes brimmed with tears. "It hurts, please. Jenna, please stop this. This isn't you."

Jenna gasped dramatically, and smiled. "It hurts, Jonathan? It does? Don't be such a hypocrite right now. Do you know how hurt I am because you cheated on me?! Do you?"

She brought the iron close to his face which made him flinch, and tilt his head away from hot electrical object.

"We got married because we loved each other. We got together in the presence of God, Jonny. You dare not break the rules of marriage, you don't!" Jenna cried out, and dropped the iron then began to pace around.

"Jenna, we don't have to be like this, please. Let's put all these behind us and live our lives. You don't need this, you only need help right now," Jonathan said out in exhaustion.

Jenna scoffed. "Help? I need help? No! All I need is you," she said in a broken voice then knelt at his feet. "You're the help I need. You're my antidote, Jonathan. But until you tell me why you slept with Vera, and that club girl, will I stop all of these."

She watched as different emotions crossed his face, and immediately lost patience when he did not speak up on time, which made her grip the back of his hair, and tilted his head backwards then watched as his face contorted from pain. She leaned forward, and slowly licked his sharp jawline then moved her lips close to his, and gave him a five seconds deep kiss. Jenna pulled away, and wiped her mouth in irritation then started her way towards the door.

"Even kissing you makes me think of the number of times those whores kissed and touched you. It's a good thing I taught them a lesson," she stated in a dry tone while walking around the room with a frown on her face.

"You crossed the line, Jenna Okafor," he said causing Jenna to gasp with shock written on her face.

The red haired woman turned around slowly, and craned her head in question at him. Then watched as he glared at her, followed by a roll of his eyes.

"What did you just call me?" She asked in a hushed voice, and approached the smirking man.

"You made me lose the respect and love I had for you when you stopped trusting the man you became friends with, loved and married. You also lost it when you murdered my best friend, and you know what's funny?"

Jenna swallowed and shook her head in expectation. She drew closer to him and stared, eyes wide and heart hammering in fear of what his next word was.

He chuckled. "I wished I had married Vera but," he paused as his eyes teared up." You had to kill her because of your stupid obsession with me! You hurt me and I never cheated on you!"

Jenna hissed as felt her breath quivering while tears rolled down her cheeks. She began to breath heavily, and bite her bottom lip. She glared at him as her heart ached and
fisted her right hand, and punched him right in the stomach repeatedly before backing away from the groaning man

"It is not obsession!" She yelled. "I am your queen and you are my king. This marriage is our kingdom and I will not allow another take my crown. Do you understand me, dear husband?!"