Chapter 2

🌹Cassandra's POV🌹

"Is she going to be alright doctor?"

"Sure, she'll be awake in a moment."

I opened my eyes slowly adjusting to the sunlight. In front of me was Xavier staring at me with his cold grey eyes.

I was laying on a bed, to my right were opened curtains showing a view of the swimming pool and the garden. Everything including the bedsheets was white.

"Doctor can you please give us a moment," Xavier said. With no hint of emotion in his voice.

The doctor nodded then walked out closing the door behind him.

I immediately sat up straight.

"I'll leave now," I said scanning the room for my purse.

"Relax, the doctor said you should take it easy. You can stay here as long as you want." He said coldly. To my surprise, he seemed shockingly calm. He kept staring at me as if he was trying to process something.

The room fell in awkward silent neither one of us you knew what to say to the other.

I took this as a chance to finally tell him.

"Xavier, there is something I need to tell you," I said.

He walked to the other side of the room. He took a glass on top of the small table then poured whiskey into the glass.

"I'm pregnant," I said.

He glared at me then took a sip of his whiskey.

"I can see that," he said dryly.

"I'm six months pregnant. You the father." I said. I was trying to seem calm but deep down I was having a panic attack.

He stood silent for a moment then laughed as if it was some kind of joke.

"You had this whole thing planned out, didn't you? Your lover dumped you already?" He said sarcastically.

Tears were threatening their way out but I managed to hold them back.

"I swear Xav I've never cheated on you," I spoke.

"Don't?" He yelled. "Don't call me that. I think it's time for you to leave."

I nodded then looked down.

Just as I was about to stand up I left a sudden pain just below my belly.

"Are you okay?" He said walking towards me. For a moment, it was if a saw the of pity in his eyes but was quickly replaced by another.

"Yes, the baby is kicking again." I lied.

The scanned the room for my purse with my eyes half-closed. "Where is my purse?"

"You are in no condition to travel. You can leave first thing tomorrow morning. I'll make sure of it." He said

"I'd rather walk home now than stay here and be insulted by you," I spoke. My voice sounded more alarmed than intended.

"Sit." He said. By the tone in his voice, he was in no mood for games. I've only heard him speak like this once, and it didn't end well.

I did as he said. I sat down then began playing with my fingers.

"Is the child you carrying really mine?"

It seemed like reality had finally sunk it.

For a moment, it was as if my brain had frozen. Maybe because for the first time I started thinking of the implementations. Xavier was a businessman, he always got what he wanted. He was the only member of his family who wasn't a lawyer. After our divorce, his mother made sure I left with nothing. By the look of disgust, he had on his face, I'm not so sure he would let me keep my child.

"I'm speaking to you!" He yelled bring me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at him then spoke. "No." The moment I said it I knew I would regret it.

"Of course, if it was you would have come running to me a long time ago with dollar signs written in your eyes."

I know it was selfish of me but I've lost a lot of things, I couldn't bear to lose my child. I already know I love him.

"Your purse is over there," he said gesturing to the nightstand on the opposite side of the bed.

I stood up placing my height on the bed then walked to collect my purse.

"I feel sorry for the miserable child you going to have." He said coldly. "I hope it doesn't end up like you."

At that moment I felt like breaking down and yelling at him but I wasn't about to make a fool of myself again.