Chapter 22.5

Ethan's POV

I lifted the glass of whiskey to my lips as I replayed the past events.

I just had a fight with Lynne. She has been on the edge lately about Cassie's disappearance.

The worst part is that now she takes all her anger out on me and pushes me away. I can't even have a normal conversation with her anymore.

I don't know if its the hormones talking or what.

But tonight, I had to leave the apartment. She went as far as to accuse me of being responsible for Cassie's disappearance.

I know I have a bad past that doesn't inspire much confidence, but I've truly changed. I left that part of my past behind.
I'm not proud of it.

I understand why she would have her doubts but she is supposed to know me better than anyone, she is supposed to be my better half.

I was sitting in a club having a drink.

I needed to calm down before I return home.

"You look worked up," I had a deep voice and a tap on the shoulder.

I turned around to see an old friend of mine. We used to be close but after I came clean we never spoke again.

"Antonio!" I exclaimed

"Ethan, you still look the same." He said.

It has been more than three years since we last spoke. I stood up giving him a hug nearly falling over.

"You look wasted," he laughed.

"It's been a long day." I sighed.

"Let's have some shots, it's on me." Antonio said patting my back.

I nodded my head yes.

══════════════════

"She always doubts me, it's like I constantly have to prove myself to her even though I already have." I whined taking another sip of my tequila.

It's been an hour of non stop drinking and therapy session.

Nothing heals better than a full bottle of whiskey

"Now it's like everything I do is wrong, she doesn't even listen to my side of the story. She just places judgement." I continued.

"You and your lady seem to be going through a lot." Antonio said.

He was more drunk than I was, he looked like he was going to pass out any moment.

"You have no idea. Take my advice, never get a woman pregnant." I said.

We continued having more drinks.

"You lucky you don't have any problems." I said.

"There is something," he paused. "There is this woman I'm holding hostage."

"Are you still doing those kind of jobs, it's not good for you." I said.

"I know, this is the last one." He  said. "She cares so much about her children and is willing to do anything for them, something my mother couldn't get right." he said.

Antonio never talked much about his family but I knew his mother was a drunk and left him with his grandfather.

"She's innocent in all of this but it's something that has to be done." He said.

"I hope you figure things out," I say to him.

I looked at my watch to see it was already 10 p.m.

"I have to go before Lynne gets angry," I said.

I stood up from the stole leaning on the table for support.

Leaving the club, I took a taxi home.