Chapter 25

Cassandra's POV

I felt a lower back pain and then another on the tummy. Xavier was laying beside me helplessly.

Antonio was still in sight, as he continued walking away.

I fumbled for a cell phone in Xavier's pocket. With no luck, I found nothing.

I felt we were going to die here. Xavier was having difficulties breathing, each breath he took felt like his last.

Just when I thought all hope was lost, I heard police sirens from a near distance.

The sound was getting louder and louder.

Antonio turned around in all directions looking to see where the noise was going from, with no luck he ran to his car in a panic.

I continue to pray, holding Xavier in my arms trying while trying to endure the pain of two babies trying to fight their way out.

Xavier looked pale. He looked like he was barely breathing, blood still gashing out from his worn.

I took my jacket off and pressed it on his worn, hoping it would stop the bleeding.

Soon, police vans were surrounding the place, just before Antonio could escape blocking all the entrances, forcing Antonio to stop his car.

"Move away from the car!" A police officer announced through his loudspeaker, the sound echoing through the wind.

Antonio reluctantly agreed knowing he was trapped with no way to escape. He got out of his car, his eyes roaming around the crime scene.

The same police officer asked him to put his hands up and then arrested him.

After all the hell he put me through this was finally going to be over. I've never been one to wish bad things upon anyone, but I hope he rots in prison.

A police officer came to our rescue, helping Xavier and applying pressure to his wound to stop the bleeding.

What took me by surprise was when Benjamin came running towards us. What was he doing here?

"Are you okay," he asked breathing heavily as he approached me.

"What are you doing here?" I said my teeth clenched, trying to handle the pain.

"I couldn't let Xavier come here on his own without any protection or a back-up plan, even though he insisted so." He answered.

Benjamin held out his hand to help me stand up. Instead, I squeezed it tightly holding it for dear life.

"If you don't get me to the hospital now I'm going to give birth here," I exclaimed crying out in pain.

Benjamin called out for help. The paramedics came soon after. I was taken into an ambulance, so was Xavier.

From then on, I didn't know how Xavier was doing or if he was still alive. I tried dismissing the thought out of my mind but somehow I couldn't. I don't know what I'll do without him.

"Just breathe ma'am," the paramedic said as I continue to cry out in pain, I balled up my fists and squeezed it as I felt each contraction.

We were still on our way to the hospital and I felt like these babies were just going to jump out any moment. The pain continued to worsen.

As soon as we arrived at the hospital I was rushed into a room, Lynne and Ethan were already waiting there.

══════════════════

"Would you like to hold your children, ma'am," The nurse asked.

I nodded my head yes, tears of joy running down my cheeks.

"You have two beautiful boys," she announced as she walked towards me holding my one baby.

I said up straight, pillows supporting my back, finally ready to meet my children.

I hold out my hand to hold him, she gently placed my baby into my arms with a wide smile on her face.

After she made sure I was holding my son properly, she gently placed my second born into my arm.

She placed pillows and either side of them in case my arms weren't strong enough.

I looked down at my children as the one wobbled in my arm and the other asleep.

I never thought this day would come when I would finally hold my children in my arms. I never thought through having two boys, I have no idea what to name them.

Soon the other woke up too, he stared at me with his perfect grey eyes. Unlike his brother's, his eyes were in a darker shade.

"They are beautiful," Lynne muttered looking down at them.

She has been with me through the whole birthing process (most of it), I don't know what I'd do without her.

"I know," I whispered.

"Okay now, you need to rest," the nurse said bringing me out of my thoughts, coming to get the twins.

"I'm perfectly fine, I just want to hold them a little while longer." I insisted.

"I'm sorry ma'am, we need to take them for a check-up," she said.

I pouted my lips as two nurses picked them out of my arms.

I somehow had a bad feeling about this, not wanting them out of my sight. I just wasn't ready to spend a single moment without them close to me.

"It's OK ma'am they will be well taken care of," she said with a wide smile.

She took my children into another room, where I assumed was where they were going to do the check-up.

As the nurses exit the room, Daniel walked in holding flowers in his hands.

"Congratulations, I'm finally an uncle," Daniel said.

"Who is this Cassie?" Lynn asked.

"Just some loser Xavier hangs out with," I answered. This time it was my turn to smirk.

"Funny," he tittered.

He sat on the side of my bed after putting the flowers in a vas beside me.

"How is Xavier?" I asked.

His smile quickly turned into a frown. He turned away looking down as if all of a sudden he couldn't face me and look me in the eye.

"He is in ICU. He is in critical condition. They don't know if he's going to make it." He said.

My poor babies are going to be fatherless!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it.

Just like Cassie, I have no idea what I'm going to name them.
Any ideas? please comment down below. I'd be sure to give you a shout out for any names I choose.