Patching things up

Shuichi started to walk home, his head full of thoughts. He wanted to ask Kokichi if what Kaede said was true or not. While walking, he saw Kokichi
'Guess I should just ask him'

"Hey, Kokichi!" Shuichi yelled, catching his attention. He then stops after he got pretty close to Kokichi. He saw bruises all over him. He quickly ran over to help him. The panta loving boy was rather shocked. He thought Kokichi hated him after what he heard from Kaede.

"You ok?" Shuichi asked, worriedly. Kokichi nodded.

"I fell that's all." Kokichi answered. He didn't looked bothered by it at all.

"You're clearly not okay." Shuichi grabbed Kokichi's arm and started pulling him to the nurse's office.

"Nishishi~, is Shuichi worries about me?" The teal haired boy ignored him, and kept walking. When he got there, he quickly helped him. After he finished, Kokichi asked him a question.

"Don't you hate me?" He said bluntly

"Huh?" Shuichi said, not clearly understanding him.

"Well, your girlfriend just said that I hurt her. Don't you believe her?" Kokichi explained further.

"She probably remembered the wrong person, I guess. I mean, there's no way the smartest student in the class would hurt anyone, right?" Shuichi teased.

Kokichi looked shocked, then smiled truthfully. "I guess that's one way to put it."

"Hey.." Shuichi hesitated a bit "Could I eat lunch with you?"

Kokichi was taken back. He didn't think Shuichi would've ever asked that question. "Shouldn't you be sitting with your girlfriend?" He said.

"She wouldn't mind if it's just one day. Plus, she's very kind so she'll be fine with it." Shuichi smiled.

"Sure sure, whatever." Kokichi said. "But if she comes running to me, saying that I stole her man, I'm blaming you."
Then, he started walking away.

Half of Shuichi wanted to run after him, the other didn't. For some reason, the detective got fluttery. He decided to ignore the feeling.

~+Timeskip+~

Shuichi started walking to the back of the school, where he saw Kokichi, mostly was.

The back of the school was very pretty. Most students don't go there, so they never saw it. It looked kinda like an outdoor cafe in the mountains, with a beautiful waterfall. You see, their town wasn't in a city but somewhere around a forest, like, place. He could hear the sound of the water hitting the rocks before dispersing into little droplets, and disappearing. It was a pretty open area. There was also a cherry tree somewhere close to the edge, but not close enough to make you fall. He then saw a group of people under the cherry tree, so he walked over.

"Took you long enough." said Kokichi, with his eyes closed. He then took a bite out of his lunch.

"Sorry, I was held up by the teacher because she wanted me to help her with something." He apologized and sat down. He looked at the other people. He recognized all of them at once. It was Kiibo, Rantaro and Korekiyo. He was surprised that he didn't see a certain white haired boy sitting there. He guessed that he was sick or something, and started eating his lunch too.

Shuichi has a fun talking with them. It was mostly because Kokichi was there. Kokichi teased the others, mostly Kiibo, and came up with jokes. Heck, Rantaro was laughing so hard that he fell sideways. But unfortunately, the bell rang, and they had to go back to their classes.

While, Shuichi was walking back home, he saw Kokichi. He saw him a few times when going home, but this time, Kokichi went the opposite way of where his house was.

Shuichi, obviously, followed him. Kokichi then stopped at a certain place. It was an open area in the forest, close to the waterfall.

"Kokichi?" He said, hesitant at first.

The shorter jumped a bit before turning around, his eyes widened "Shuichi? What are you doing here?" He said.

"I could ask you the same thing." Shuichi was curious to why Kokichi was here.

Kokichi smiled, turned back and answered "I came to look at the stars. Tsuki is super obsessed with them to be honest." Shuichi walked over and sat down with him. "I love seeing the stars. It feels safe." Kokichi continued.

They sat in silence, watching the beautiful stars together. Kokichi broke the silence. "Shuichi?" He asked.

"Hm?" The other replied

"Do you believe that when you die, you become a star?" Kokichi asked.

Shuichi thought about it before answering, "Well, you'll never know unless you actually die, won't you?"

Kokichi chuckles, "Guess you're right." They looked at the stars together again, for some reason, Kokichi's usual coughing never happened. After some time, Shuichi felt a weight on his shoulder. He looked over to see the little gremlin's head on his shoulder. He smiled when he saw him without his usual lying mask on. Shuichi continued to look at the stars, when he looked at the time on his phone, he saw that it was super late. So he took both his, and Kokichi's bag, and put them on his shoulder. Then he put the sleeping Kokichi on his back and started walking to his house, since he didn't know where Kokichi's was. When he got home he put Kokichi onto his couch first, then after he put their bags away, he picked Kokichi up bridal style and brought him to his room. He started undressing Kokichi, and gave him a quick bath, careful not to wake him up.
He grabbed one of his clothes. He put his shirt on him. Shuichi's shirt wasn't Kokichi's size so it was bigger than him, his shirt was almost to his knees. While Shuichi was changing him, he was red as a beet, so he was glad to finally finish, after putting some pants on him. Shuichi lived alone, just like Kokichi, so he didn't have another bed. He didn't want to be rude and make Kokichi sleep on the couch. So, he decided to let the leader sleep with him on his bed. He switched off the lights, went over to his bed and pulled the purple haired boy into a hug, as he falls asleep

XxXxXxXxX

This chapter was pretty rushed, because I wanted to get this done today. The reason is because I wanted to give you guys a 'gift' on my birthday. Hope you enjoyed (I guess) I'll try and get another chapter done, as quickly as possible.