Chapter 2

Angelique was laying in her bed still, holding her newborn baby in her arms. She had been exhausted from the birth and just wanted to sleep, but this was the precious moments.

"What are we going to make her?" , Barnabas asked, while still sitting next to Angelique's bed.

Barnabas watched his baby's mama with their newborn daughter. He felt like he was going to cry, but kept them.

"I want to make her Minty Rose. Minty Rose Bouchard." , she replied.

Barnabas let out a smile until he heard the baby's last name. He stood up in anger. He looked at Angelique who looked at him with confusion.

"Her last name is not Bouchard it's Collins like mine. She's going to be Minty Rose Collins." , he spat in anger.

Angelique looked at him, anger in her own eyes. This was her child and the world would never know that he was the father.

"But if she takes Collins as her last name everyone will know she belongs to you. Your to marry Josette remember." , she retorted.

Barnabas's eyes softened, but anger could still be seen. This was his daughter to, so he should have a say in it. He did like the name Minty Rose but every child took their fathers last name.

"I didn't mean to snap at you, but at this point I would have everyone know that I'm her father." , Barnabas replied.

Angelique let out a smile and then looked down at her daughter Minty. She gave the baby a kiss on the head.

"After I get some sleep do you want to tell your family? What will happen to you and Josette?" , she asked.

Barnabas gulped, knowing he was still to be married to Josette. If he did he would loose Minty forever.

"Yes I do. I want to show everyone how proud of a father I am." , he replied.

He was still a little bit nervous on what his parents will think of they told them about their granddaughter.

~~~

Angelique was now up off her bed, walking beside Barnabas who held Minty Rose in his arms. The new mother had realized that Barnabas was attached to their daughter.

"We gotta find my parents first in order to tell them." , he replied in a whisper as to not disturb his sleeping daughter.

Angelique nodded until she heard Naomi and Joshua talking to each other. Barnabas looked at Angelique and handed their child to her. He stood out in the open and his parents stopped to look at them.

"Mother, father I have someone I want you two to meet. Angelique come forward." , he demanded, softly.

Angelique walked out into the open with Minty Rose in her arms. Naomi let out a gasp and Joshua looked at them like it was some kind of a joke.

"Meet your granddaughter." , Barnabas said.

Naomi was the one that stepped forward to take a look at her first grandchild. Joshua on the other hand looked at his son with a disappointed look.

"What's her name?" , asked Naomi.

Angelique handed her over to Naomi, but kept her eyes on her baby not wanting to make sure her baby didn't get taken away.

"We have agreed and her name will be Minty Rose Collins." , Barnabas replied.

Joshua looked at his son with wide, mean eyes after hearing that her last name were to be collins.

"That baby shouldn't have Collins as it's last name. It's a disgrace to our family!" , he snapped, "Now give her back to her mother."

Naomi looked at Joshua, anger in her eyes at how he was treating his only grandchild.

"Now Joshua this is our grandchild. She's our flesh and blood." , Naomi said, trying to persuade him.

Joshua looked at him, the anger left his eyes as his wife spoke. Naomi pushed Minty to him to hold and he took her. He looked down at his granddaughter and saw her little yawn.

"I guess she's not to bad once you get used to her." , Joshua said.

A smile crept on his face for the first time, holding Minty Rose close to him. She almost reminded him of their youngest daughter sarah.

"See she's not that bad. Now we need to discuss where Angelique and her baby is going to live. She can't stay in the servants quarters now that she has had her baby." , stated Naomi.

Joshua looked at his wife before handing the baby over to Barnabas who handed her to her mother. Angelique looked at Naomi then at Joshua.

"She will have one of the guest bedrooms and Barnabas I think you should not get married to Josette now that you have a baby." , replied Joshua.

Barnabas looked at his father after hearing that he would have to give up Josette. He knew this was for the best. He would give up everything to be with his daughter Minty even if it meant marrying Angelique.

"I think so too. The baby is my responsibility as much as it is Angelique's. Minty needs both of her parents." , replied Barnabas.

Angelique looked at Barnabas with smile. Minty Rose began to cry in her mother's arms. All three collins's looked at her. The woman looked at them with embarrassment.

"Don't just stand there like that Angelique. Feed the damn child." , Joshua said, raising his voice a little.

Angelique stood there, not knowing what to do. She hadn't fed a baby before. She sat down and wrapped her baby around her. She lifted down her dress a bit so that Minty Rose could suckle for a bit.  Minty Rose stopped crying and began to feed.