Chapter 6

Angelique was inside the drawing room of collinwood, the scratch on her cheek was now nothing but a scar. She still couldn't believe that Barnabas actually had hurt her.

"Mamma!" , called Minty, walking down the stairs.

The child let out a wheezing sound as she ran to her mother. She was getting better, but she still made that wheezing sound and she made a cough every once in a while. Angelique picked up her daughter.

"Do you need something?" , asked Angelique.

Minty shook her head and placed them placed it on her mother's shoulder, placing her thumb in her mouth. Angelique smiled and kissed her daughter on the nose.

"Angelique?" , yelled Naomi.

Angelique walked out of the drawing room to see her mother-in-law come down the steps. Naomi let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh good. I thought Minty Rose had tried to go see her father again." , said Naomi.

They had been here for a week now and just the other day Minty Rose was found at the front door of the old house, calling for her father.

"No. She came to see me." , replied Angelique, a little agitated that Naomi had brought it up.

Angelique was just about ready to settle down when there was a knock on the door. Ben Stokes opened it up and Barnabas walked into the house. Angelique saw and took her kid to look out the window, ignoring his presence.

"Is my wife here?" , asked Barnabas, annoyingly calm.

Ben Stokes looked at Angelique's direction then looked at Barnabas.

"Aye, but I don't think she's in the mood to see you sir." , Ben replied.

Barnabas ignored the last part and brushed past the servant, walking over to his wife.

"Angelique I just speak with you." , He said.

Angelique turned around to look at him. Her eyes were full of fire. She still hadn't forgiven him for what he did.

"As Ben has stated. I'm not in the mood to see you." , she replied, turning around.

Barnabas wasn't going to give up. "I really need to talk to you." , he said again.

Angelique sighed and set Minty on the ground in her feet. Minty looked at her father with a smile, but didn't care go near him. She forgot why she was even here at Collinwood. Door the week she had been here, she cried every time she woke up, because this wasn't her home.

"Mommy and Daddy have to talk my precious." , whispered Angelique in a low gentle voice.

Minty did what she was told and ran past her father to head upstairs with Naomi. Ben waited outside the drawing room in case any backup were needed. Barnabas closed both doors and turned towards his wife.

"I want you and Minty to come back to the old house. I've learned by lesson and I do want both of you back with me." , Barnabas Stated.

Angelique looked up him with a stubborn look.

"I think me and Minty are fine where we are." , she said, turning her face, her injury was facing Barnabas.

He gasped, realizing this was his doing. He felt his heart sink in his chest. He backed slowly away.

"I'm sorry Angelique I didn't mean what I did. Please will you forgive me?" , pleaded Barnabas.

He walked up from behind her and have her cheek a gentle kiss. Angelique was so lost in this she forgot she was mad at him. Barnabas turned her around and gave her a kiss on the lips. They did this for a moment until Angelique pushed him away.

"Me and Minty will return tonight." , she said, winking.

Barnabas kisses her once again.

"I love you Angelique." , whispered Barnabas.

Angelique smiled back at him.

"I love you too." , she replied before padding upstairs to get Minty and their belongings.