Chapter 3

Angelique stood beside Barnabas, a smile as she looked ahead of her. She was in a wedding dress as this was the day she was to be married. She was happy, but at the same time nervous that her daughter was with her grandmother. Naomi was right next to them, but that didn't seem to matter.

~~~

Angelique sat in a chair in her and Barnabas's room with her daughter Monty Rose in her arms. She gave her daughter a kiss on the head as she slept peacefully in her arms.

"She's still asleep?", Barnabas asked, entering the room.

Angelique nodded and kept looking at Minty. Barnabas walked up to her and gave her a kiss before heading to bed. After a while Angelique stood up and placed her daughter in the crib and walked over to her bed.

"Goodnight Barnabas.", whispered Angelique before nesting beside her new husband.

Barnabas wrapped his arms around her and fell asleep with his head on her shoulder.  Not soon after Angelique fell asleep beside him.

~~~

The next morning Angelique jolted awake after having a nightmare. She let out shallow breathes and laid her head back down. Tears filled her eyes, waking Barnabas up. Her husband looked at her and wrapped his arms around him.

"Are you alright my love.", Barnabas asked, squeezing her.

Angelique felt safe in his arms and she began to calm down. She nodded.

"It was only a nightmare im alright.", she replied.

Angelique stood up and walked over to the crib to where Minty Rose was sleeping. She picked her daughter up and began to cradle her in her arms.

Barnabas watched, standing up himself. He padded behind his wife, wrapping his arms around her waist. He looked down at his daughter with a smile.

"Shes so beautiful just like you my darling.", he whsipered, kissing her cheek softly.

~~~

Angelique sat in a chair in the drawing room, her daughter was in her arms. She began to hum in the cahir as Minty Rose let out a small whine as if she were about to cry. The humming caused her to go back to sleep.

"Your my little angel.", whispered Angelique to her now sleeping child.

Barnabas silently walked into the room sitting in the other chair. He began ro watch his wife and daughter, a smile crept on his face.

"You really know how to take care of her.", he commented.

Angelique looked at him with a smile. She stood up with Minty and walked over to her husband. She handed their daughter to him.

"I have to go do something.", she lied.

The truth was she wanted him to spend more time with their daughter. She didn't want him to be distant to Minty.

"Okay.", he replied.

As soon as Angelique was out of sight Minty began to cry. Barnabas watched Angelique go wanting to scream out, but the time she was gone.

"Sh. Its okay don't cry.", he whispered.

He gave his daughter a soft kiss on the head and whispered softly. Minty began to settle down and stopped her crying. She nuzzled her head into her fathers shirt. Barnabas held his breathe until she was settled.

"You never have to cry my darling. Mommy and Dady are always here.", he whispered.

Barnabas sat there for a moment until  he to fell alseep to the warmth of his daughter on his chest.