Chapter 22

Y/N'S POV

  As Selena and I talked, I face palmed as I had completely forgotten to tell anyone where I was going. I just grabbed Selena's hand and pulled her backstage. I brought Selena and I to where Justin would normally exit the stage, but I just found a concerned Scooter.

  When Scooter spotted me, he sighed in relief and said,"Y/N, where have you been? We've been worried sick about you. You literally disappeared."

  I motioned over to Selena and said,"I was helping Selena out. She needed someone."

  Selena sent me a smile, and I sent her one in response. Scooter looked between us, and he was beyond confused.

  I chuckled and said,"We're on the same page now, Scooter. We're gonna be fine. I'm fine, so there's no need to call anyone. Where's my man?"

  "Y/N M/N L/N!!!"

  I turned around to see an angry Justin Bieber.

  Before Justin could say anything, Selena stood in front of me and said,"Justin, it's my fault. Y/N got held up trying to help me. She helped me get away from the paparazzi. I was by myself."

  Justin looked over at me and I said,"It's true, Jay. I promise. At first, I was on the phone with Jessica, and then I cut in to help Selena out. I'm sorry I didn't tell anyone where I was going. I didn't mean to scare you. It won't happen again."

  Justin sighed and pulled me in for a hug.

  I hugged him back, and he kissed my forehead saying,"I know you didn't mean to scare me. It's okay. I'm just glad you're all right. I love you so much."

  I said,"I love you so much more, Justin."

  Justin chuckled and said,"That's not true, but okay Y/N."

  I smiled at Justin and looked over at Selena.

  She was standing there awkwardly, and I said,"Selena, I told Justin about the magazine and the note that came through a package, but I told him it was you. However, I know it's not you anymore."

  Justin asked me,"How did this happen?"

  I said,"Selena and I had a heart to heart a couple minutes ago. I have every right to believe that she's telling the truth. After all, you guys were Justin and Selena. I know Selena would never try to hurt someone close to you, Justin, because I wouldn't if Selena was in my spot now."

  Justin just smiled at me and then at Selena saying,"You're right. We were Justin and Selena, and I will always cherish that. I also cherish you, Y/N, so don't forget it."

  Selena and I both smiled, before Justin pulled me close.

  As Justin looked down at me, he asked Selena,"You need a ride, Sel?"

  Selena said,"That would be nice. Thank you, Justin, but you don't have to if Y/N doesn't want you to."

  "It's fine. I don't mind coming along."

  After everything was over, Justin drove us to where Selena was staying.

  Justin held open the door for Selena and me, before I said,"Cutie."

  Selena laughed; Justin blushed. I pinched his cheeks, then I walked Selena to her front door.

  She turned to me and said,"Really, thank you, Y/N, for being so nice to me. I don't deserve it,    not after the way I've been treating you."

  I laughed and replied,"Selena, I don't deserve your forgiveness either, but I'm more than happy to give you a better impression of me. I really don't hate you and I feel like we could be really good friends. I don't want us to not get along just because of that boy back there."

  We both laughed before she said,"I don't hate you, Y/N. I was just jealous, but I think we would make really good friends too."

  I gave her a hug and said,"Selena? Maybe we should meet up for coffee again but as friends this time?"

  Selena nodded and said,"Okay. I'd like that. Good night."

  I nodded and walked back to Justin. He was just smiling at me with his amazing teeth.

  I said,"What?"

  Justin held open the door for me and said,"I'm proud of you for everything you've done, including you trying to make things right with Selena. I couldn't have asked for a better girlfriend to have."

  I pecked his lips and replied,"I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend either."