2

Amelia pulled into the driveway of the Cullen house, Esme was already on the porch ready to greet her

Amelia pulled into the driveway of the Cullen house, Esme was already on the porch ready to greet her. Esme silently gasped when she saw the car she was driving. She traded her blue beetle for a black mustang.

"Amelia, what on earth?" Esme watched as she moved from the drivers side to the bottom of the porch steps. Her once dirty blonde hair was now platinum blonde, her once natural nails were longer with black acrylics, she wore a pair of leather pants, a white lace bralette and a leather jacket paired with a pair of ankle boots.

"Esme," the young girl smiled at the only mother figure she's ever had in her life. Her smile to the woman was a genuine one, "I just wanted to come by, say thank you to you and Carlisle for always acting like parents to me, even though you kept that your whole family is a vampire thing from me," her genuine smile turned into a smirk,

"How-"

Carlisle then came out to the porch, "Why don't we go to my office to talk, shall we?"

Amelia strut up the stairs past them with a new found confidence, "gladly,"

Esme and Carlisle shared a glance at the girl and then followed her inside. Amelia had already beat them to Carlisle's office. They found her staring at the painting of the Volturi.

"That's how," she pointed to the date on the corner of the painting, "and Bella has a loud mouth."

Carlisle sighed, "Any questions that you have?"

Amelia shrugged, "I read about mates, I assume I wasn't his," she raised an eye at the doctor who sighed,

"We thought you were,"

Amelia just scoffed. "Is Bella?"

"She's his bloodsinger,"

"Yes or no doctor, is she?" Her tone became cold as she emphasized her question. Carlisle just sighed,

"It's case by case,"

"So she could end up heartbroken like me?" Carlisle nodded. Amelia smirked, "Good, hope she does."

Carlisle stared at the blonde baffled. He had never heard such a heartless statement come from the girl he's known for almost two years now. Carlisle turned his head towards the window when he heard the cars of his children approaching,

"Emmett's Jeep isn't the quietest, I can hear them coming. Go, I'll be out in a minute," Amelia stared the the three vampire kings for a few moments longer. Carlisle's footsteps were getting softer and softer. Amelia turned to leave but stopped when she saw something. Sitting on a display was a gorgeous old looking necklace. Amelia cocked her head a she looked at it.

It's almost like something pulled her to it

It's almost like something pulled her to it. Amelia shook her head and moved past it to leave but, without realizing it she snatched the necklace from the display and put it in her jacket pocket.

The clicking of Amelia's heels grabbed the attention of the vampire family plus Bella. All heads turned to the stairs as Amelia descended. She smirked at the looks she received, a mix of disbelief, confusion and pity. Which she hated.

"Well, if it isn't Forks' new it couple," then her widened, "and the rest of everyone's favorite vampire family."

"How'd you find out?!" Bella immediately started to yell at her sister, "And what happened? Your hair, your clothes, is that a tattoo?!"

"You have a very big mouth Isabella, and oh yeah," Amelia giggles holding up her right hand,

"I figured I'd get a tattoo for my darling sister,"  she then looked to Edward, "I have stuff for you," she pushed past the vampire coven and walked out the door

"I'm not coming back in, come get it," Edward sighed with his head hung, when he lifted his head he was met by Rosalie's glare,

"You did this," she snapped before going up the stairs. Edward shook his head and pulled Bella with him outside. His family kept their distance by the door as Bella was left on the deck so Edward could approach Amelia alone.

"That's your car?! Charlie will never let you keep it," Bella smirked feeling triumphant, "Especially if you traded the car he got you for it,"

"Wipe that stupid look off you bitch," Amelia snapped pulling a large box from her trunk, "this car is in my name, I traded in a car that I bought and in my name for this, Charlie didn't give me shit for the other car and he won't have any say for this one."

Amelia turned to Edward, "here's your shit." She threw the box down. The box tipped over, photos, sheet music, shirts and love letters spilled out. "I figured since you're dead to me I have no reason to keep them."

Edward let out a heavy sigh, "I'm sorry."

Amelia shrugged, "I'm not." She pulled a lighter from her back pocket, pulling down a flame light which she then threw on the pile. Alice gasped as the whole box went up in flames,

"See ya around," Amelia strut over to her new car sliding in the driver seat. With a roar of her engine she raced out of the driveway to the Cullen house.

"Edward," Esme whispered out to her son, "What have you done?"

"I-It wasn't suppose to go this way!" Edward made a terrible attempt to defend himself, "Alice you said-"

"What does Alice have to do with this?!" Esme questioned angry with her two children. She had come to care for Amelia and to see the once bright and happy girl turn this way hurt her.

"She-" Carlisle cut off the seer,

"She was never Edward's mate, was she?" His tone was nothing but disappointment at both his son and daughter.

"You have to believe me, this was necessary!"

"Lying to us, to her, was necessary? How?" Carlisle looked between the two, Edward sighed,

"Tell him,"

———

I found the necklace on Etsy. Chapter 3 coming soon, I'm excited for this story. One more time jump but it's necessary then there shouldn't be many more.