XXI - 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔣𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥

(edited)

"HERE," Judas grinned boyishly as he handed Elena a cup of coffee

"Thanks," the doppelganger blushed, touched by the simple action.

"No problem, I kinda figured you'd need it." Judas paced himself to Elena's steps as they walked up to the Salvatore Boarding house.

"How come?" She asked, sipping her coffee. 

The door opened on its own accord and the pair were met with a makeup-smeared Rebekah and shirt-unbuttoned Damon.

"Because of that," Judas finished.

"Hello, nephew," Rebekah greeted haughtily, before shouldering past Elena and Judas.

Elena's jaw was practically on the floor, which made Judas reach out to close her mouth.

"In case flies get in," He defended himself when Damon sent him a weird look.

"Did you stop taking your vervain?" Elena asked, stepping into the house.

"You think Rebekah had to compel me?"

"What's wrong with you? She tried to kill me less than forty-eight hours ago," Elena gestured frantically.

Judas kept his mouth shut.

"Can we just move past that, Elena?"

"So is that how it's going to be now? I hurt your feelings and this is how you lash out at me?"

Damon poured himself a drink and drawled lazily, "Well, maybe, for once, something I did had nothing to do with you."

Elena huffed, walking into the house uninvited. "You should know that Esther is planning on killing her entire family. She's linked them all together with a spell. Whatever happens to one, happens to all of them."

"Well, that's great! Klaus will finally be dead. We win. Why do you look like someone just shot a panda bear?" Damon chuckled, looking at Judas' similarly worried expression.

"Uh, because to kill Klaus she has to kill all of them, including Elijah and Lilura. And they don't deserve this!"

"Lilura?" Judas and Damon echoed at the same time.

"Yes. She drank the champagne at the party," Elena bit her lip. "Ergo, she dies too."

Damon sighed, black bags under his eyes more prominent than before. "It's better, you know, for the greater good." He said a bit mockingly.