𝔢𝔭𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

THEIR TOMBSTONES WERE BLANK

Judas Mikaelson blinked furiously through the pouring rain. He had forgone the umbrella which Caroline had offered him in the car. Instead, he was wearing a black raincoat with the hood pulled over his midnight black hair, standing silently in the storm. 

Sirius sat silently at his feet. The dog's enormous brown eyes seemed to cloud at the sight of the graves. A slow and soft whine that originated from his tiny chest was heard throughout the cemetery.

Judas contemplated picking up his mother's dog and leaving without uttering a single word because, for most of his life, he had done just that. People lived. People died. There was nothing much to it. He had pushed away his grief so many times before that it was mere procedure now. 

Why go through the tedious task of pouring your heart out to people who could no longer hear you? 

Yet, this time, he stayed. 

Lilura and Klaus had been dead for a total of 27 hours. Rebekah and Elijah were long gone, evading Alaric in the name of survival as they had done with Mikael for centuries. Elena, Stefan, and Damon were at the hospital. The doppelganger was close to death, according to Caroline,  who had sped away to Mystic Falls hospital the moment Judas stepped out of her 2011 Ford Fiesta. 

Suddenly, Sirius' tail wagged.

"You ok?" A voice asked. 

Judas turned around. "What are you doing here?"

Tyler Lockwood smiled softly, "Caroline was worried." He bent down and pat Sirius' head fondly.

Stuffing his hand in his back pocket, the Lockwood placed a blue rose in Judas' palm. "And I thought you might need a friend."

Judas accepted the gift. He hesitantly approached his parents' graves with a sorrowful heart, completely glossing over the fact that a guy like Tyler Lockwood would have never known about Lilura's connection to blue roses.

Judas dropped to his knees and placed the flower on Lilura's grave. 

"Hi," he said, coughing awkwardly. He wanted to tell her how grateful he was that she fought hard to be a part of his life. He wanted to tell her that he was sorry for all the times he snapped at her. However, all that came out of his mouth was, "I don't know if you have superpowers on the other side, but don't zap me with lightning for choosing this tombstone. I know it's ugly."

A flash of lightning zipped across the sky. He smiled, entertaining the fantasy that maybe it was Lilura who was orchestrated the natural phenomenon.

After a moment of silence, he said. "I haven't forgotten about you, old man." 

Judas placed The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson on the dirt. "Thanks for sticking with me untill the end...Klaudia." 

A teary smile threatened to grace his features. If the young hunter looked to his left he would have seen the ghost of a familiar smirk on Tyler's face. It was the same sad smirk that had accompanied Judas to New York. It was even the same sad smirk that had graced Klaus' features in Donny's garage.
Now, it was the sad smirk with a dead wife.

Sirius knew this. Judas didn't.

Klaus watched as his son threw his head back with midnight black hair so similar to Lilura's, for a split-second, he felt as if he were staring at the Siren herself.

Judas Anthemoessa-Mikaelson let the rain beat down on his face. His brilliant blue-green eyes fluttered close on their own accord.

He roared with the thundering storm.