Chapter 7- "flying, part 1"

"Anna, Anna, wake up" someone said slightly bouncing the bed from
under me

I groaned and rolled over, accidently rolling off the bed. I sat up and took in my surroundings. Last night everyone had a movie night again so I was in the guest bedroom at the Lewis house. And above me, in the dark room, stood Dannon.

"Ow. What was that for" I frowned up at him.

"Sorry. Jack is waking everyone up for a 'family meeting' and he wanted you there" he sighed sticking his hand out to me without thinking.

I stared at it for a moment then looked into his curious eyes. Without a second thought I took his hand, standing up. He gave me a small smile 'progress' he thought.

I followed him downstairs into the living room, where everyone else was waiting and looking exhausted.

"Well now that we are all here I have an announcement" Jack grinned clapping his hands.

"What could you possibly have to say at five in the morning?" Oliver mumbled laying his head on his sister shoulder.

"We are going to Hawaii" Jack shouted

"What? No stop lying." Kenna frowned

"I'm not lying sweetie. My boss gave me a weeks vacation. So we are spending three days in Hawaii as a family. But of course AK, Lily, Hero, and Ty can come." He sighed

"Your serious?" I frowned as I sat on the floor next to Dannon who could barely keep his eyes open.

"Yes AK I'm serious" he said laughing a little

"B-but I can't.. My mom"

"I already talked to her and she said its fine. She's picking up a few more shifts at the hospital anyways."

"Oh"

"Dad when do we leave?" Oliver interrupted, fully aware there were others in the room listening

"This afternoon. I got the tickets on sale for today only" he shrugged

"Seriously? I have to pack I don't have enough time!" McKenna said running to her room in a rush

"Girls" hero mumbled before following to Dannon's room.

"I guess I have to go home soon and pack" I told Jack

"I'll take you" Dannon said suddenly awake

"Thank you" I mumbled before going to put my shoes on and following him out the door.

"Dannon text Ty please" Lena shouted after them

"Will do" he sighed before shutting the door.

Halfway into the drive I started to drift away to sleep. Somehow my head landed on something soft and I ignored to tingling feeling I got.

Dannon tensed as he felt my head land on his shoulder. He smiled down at me for a moment. This is what he has always wanted, the girl who pushed everyone away was trusting him more than her own friends. It was no secret to anyone who payed attention to him, anna-kate was the girl he longed for. He watched her from afar for four years. Once in eighth grade he talked to her for the first time and it made him feel like he was on cloud nine. But then something switched in her the next day. She became distant to everyone, even her friends for awhile. He never knew what but he always felt terrible about it. So in an attempt to get rid of the feeling for the girl who didn't trust anyone, he tried Ignoring the feelings.

Dannon pulled up to my house and took a moment to look at me peacefully sleeping.

"Anna, you have wake up" he shook my shoulder a bit

I stirred for a moment before looking into his blue eyes.

"Sorry" I said quickly, sitting up.

"Its fine. Let me help you pack?" He asked hopefully

"Sure" I grinned as we got out and walked into my house.

"Hey sweetie" my mom said coming around the corner into the hall wearing her scrubs

"Um.. Hey mom"

To be continued...