Chapter 15 Dad Mahone

( picture of Kendra and her room on the side)

~ Samantha's POV ~

"A-Austin?"

He didn't say a word, instead he wrapped his arms around my fragile body and buried his head in the crook of my neck.

"I miss you so much." Austin whispered. I closed my eyes and slowly wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I miss you too."

We stayed in that position in pure silence. It feels good to be back in his arms again. I was longing for his touch in so long. Ten months without him was not easy but being in his arms now makes me happy and makes up for all those times when he was away.

He slowly brought his face in front of me and put his forehead on top of mine. His hypnotizing brown eyes searching my hazel ones. His thumb caressing both of my cheeks causing a tint shade of pink to appear. Then, he did the one thing that makes my heart skip a beat -- he smiled.

Millions of butterflies erupted in my stomach. It even feels like a zoo. Austin's smile is the reason for this. It has a great effect on me. We've been together for a long time now but he still makes me feel this way.

"I miss you so much more than you'll ever know Sam." he said, his minty breath fanning my face creating goosebumps all over my body. "Im sorry for not being here when you were pregnant. I'll make it up to you. I promise from now on i'll be by your side whenever you need me."

"Austin that's so sweet. Its okay, its not your fault. I understand our situation. So you don't need to make it up to me." I smiled at him while caressing his cheeks with my thumb.

We stared at each others eyes for a moment, then he grabbed my face with both of his hands and he slowly move his face towards mine. The anticipation is killing me I just can't wait for his lips to touch mine. Its been so long since I last kissed him, I am looking forward to this day.

But before our lips come in contact with each other, a loud baby cry interrupted us.

I looked behind me and back to Austin. A huge smile playing on my lips.

"Come on, you must be here to see our baby daughter." I grabbed his hand and pull him inside our baby's room.

The walls of the room is pink and white. In the middle of the it is the crib and above it is a cute chandelier. The drawers are on the side and above it are the teddy bear displays.

We stopped in front of a baby crib where Kendra is loudly crying probably hungry. Then I look over to Austin, who is preventing himself from crying in front of me.

~Austin's POV~

This is it. The first moment where I can see my baby daughter. I'm so nervous and excited at the same time.

The loud baby cry, is not an annoying noise to me in fact, it's music to my ears. We slowly walked further inside the room and stopped in front of a white baby crib.

I looked down and there she was, our baby girl Kendra. Im beyond happy. Finally, I already know how my baby looks like in person. I only need to feel her touch now and I would be completely happy.

I watched her closely, observing her physical features. Kendra is so pretty, just like her mom. Her eyelashes are long and her nose is so cute.

"Do you want to carry her?" Samantha asked beside me, touching my left arm.

"But I d-don't know h-how?" I said stuttering and feeling embarrassed.
She let out a soft giggle, which made me smile instantly.

"Don't be embarrassed. That's just normal and don't worry I will help you." Samantha said

She slowly bent down to reached Kendra and when our baby is finally in her arms,  she slowly faced me. She told me the right position of my arm, and when I finally got it she let me hold Kendra all by myself. I am over the moon right now. Just looking at her was great, but getting the chance to finally hold her in my own arms is perfect.

"There you go. See its just simple but be careful okay. You don't wanna drop our baby." she laughed "Please hold her while I prepare her milk." she said and went towards a small table.

"Why aren't you breastfeeding her? I don't know that much when it comes to taking care of babies but I know for sure that breastfeeding is healthier." I asked

"Yes Austin you're right, but don't worry because I also do breastfeed." she said and I nodded.

Looking down in my arms, I focus my attention to Kendra. She looks so fragile, sensitive, and small. She is just like a doll, but she is worth more than a doll. She's still crying in my arms, so I decided to sway her for a little bit while I'm holding her.

I decided to talk to her even though she will not respond yet, because I know that she can still hear me.

"Hi there baby Kendra. Stop crying now please, I don't want to hear you cry. Im already here for you..." I stop what I'm going to say next because I cant believe that I'm finally a father "I am your Dad Kendra." I said smiling

In that moment, Kendra stopped crying. Believe it or not, she really stopped and I can feel her relax in my arms.

"Oh my god Austin." Samantha said making her way beside me "She stopped crying when you said that you are her dad."

"I can't believe this Samantha, I'm finally a dad." I said smiling from ear to ear.

Im happy and sad at the same time because I have a wonderful daughter but being a dad means having a lot of responsibilities.

Samantha carefully hugged me with our baby while I gently kissed Kendra's soft forehead.

'Click'

Samantha and I looked towards the door, which we forgot to close and there stood my mom holding a camera looking at us with a huge smile on her face.

I smiled at Samantha because Kendra can finally meet her other grandma but one look at Samantha's face and everything that happened came rushing back to me.

This is not good.

--------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger!!

Edited: 03/23/17