Chapter 32

Wow!!!!

Magnificent! Majestic!! Ethereal!!!

I can hardly find apt words to describe the grandeur of the luxurious lobby of DeWorld Hotel. It surpassed my imagination by a mile and then some.

The lobby is spread wide as far as my eyes could see, supported by intricately carved columns. Velvet sofas and armchairs in deep, rich burgundy were placed around brass trimmed glass tables which held enormous vases of fresh exotic flowers. The floor was covered in expensive Italian marble polished to a mirror finish.

Opulent chandeliers suspended from high ceilings gave a suffused glow to the entire area adding to the overall feel of luxury.

I am awestruck by the beauty of the place. Everything is just so .... classy.

But I shouldn't be surprised. Working in this company, I should know by now, one should not expect anything less from DeGlobal Corporation.

Our team is taken to the huge banquet hall which can easily accommodate over a thousand guests. The stage, lights and screens are already put up. Technicians are working on setting up the sound and projection systems. The graphics team joins them.

Rohit goes off in search of the delivery guys from the printing press who were supposed to deliver the brochures, banners and other promotional material.

I meet Carol, the representative from the event management company hired to organize this event. We meet the banquet manager to discuss the arrangements for seating and menu. Many V.V.I.P guests will be coming, and we have to ensure all the arrangements are top notch. The guest list I saw, had names of the topmost industrialists, media personalities, celebrities and a few politicians as well.

"Tarana!"

"Nivedita! you are here too?" I ask in surprise. Snarky voice raises its sleepy head "Since when has Nivedita started to show interest in looking at the arrangements?"

"Yes, I have come to oversee the work. Want to make sure everything is perfect," she says, as she casts a glance across the area.

"So, what are you doing?" Nivedita asks me, still looking around.

"We were just discussing the menu and the arrangements for the guests," I answer.

"Mm..hmm," Nivedita nods distractedly, craning her neck to look above the people, at something or someone outside.

"Umm Nivedita is everything alright? Are you looking for something?"

"What? No! no, nothing.. Just want to ensure everything is going on smoothly and there are no glitches." She gives a tight, obviously fake smile.

She moves towards the stage, motioning for me to follow her. "Give me my notes, I want to do a quick rehearsal," she says as she walks up to the podium.

"I sent it to you. You should have it in your email," I reply, looking at my watch.

It is almost three o'clock. I should leave now to collect the marriage certificate.

"I did not receive any email from you," she sounds annoyed.

I snap my head up.

"What?" I utter in disbelief. "Are you sure? Maybe you missed it. I shall send it to you again." I open the email app on my phone.

My eyes grow wider in shock as I scroll through my sent items. There is no email to Nivedita. I frantically search in other folders. Maybe in my hurry, I deleted it or filed it in some other folder. Not there either.