Deleted Scene 1: Ronnie's Flower Shop

A/N: BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

as i worked on this rewrite, there were a couple of scenes i wrote that didn't make it into the final edition that you see here on Wattpad. however, i thought it'd be fun to share them with you anyway!

so here's the first deleted scene. enjoy!

ronnie's flower shop

The bell above the door rang. The scent of freshly cut flowers hit my nose. Petals and leaves swirled on the floor as a breeze from the closing door floated through the flower shop.

Behind the counter, Ronnie set down the scissors and the handful of flowers whose stems she had been cutting. "Hey, Angie."

I leaned on the counter, lifting onto my tiptoes. I scanned the poster that listed the flowers sold here and the bouquets they offered. I smiled at the "Vanessa Bouquet" at the bottom of the sign, sold for $4.95.

"Another Vanessa Bouquet?" Ronnie moved to gather the flowers.

"Actually, I was hoping to update the bouquet a little bit."

She slid back up to the counter. "Oh, alright then. Did you have anything in mind?"

My eyes roamed the various flowers. "Something happy."

Ronnie laughed. "Alright. You have lots of options then. But – hmm, lemme look." She wandered the flowers on display, snapped her fingers, and returned to me, saying, "How about Lily of the Valley? They represent happiness as well as humility."

She offered the flower to me, and I sniffed its refreshing fragrance.

"Wow, that's Vanessa to a tee!" I glanced at the sign again. "How about another flower?"

She vanished into the back room, and when she reemerged, she held an apricot-orange rose in her hands. "Lady of Shalott rose. It represents enthusiasm." She shrugged a shoulder. "I dunno. I thought it might be cool to have a flower for you in with the Vanessa Bouquet, since you were so close with her."

Grateful tears filled my eyes. "Ronnie. That's so sweet. Thank you." I wiped at the droplets that had escaped. "I'll buy 'em both. And let's officially add the Lily of the Valley to the Vanessa Banquet."

"You got it, Angie."

As Ronnie readied the flowers, I asked, "You looking forward to your graduation from college?"

She grinned. "Oh man, it's crazy to think I have one more year to go."

"What'll you do after?"

"I'll work here a bit longer. Get enough money built up to hopefully open up my own shop. But mine will be for all plants, not just flowers." She wrapped the stems and handed the bouquet over the counter. "Here you are."

I smiled and handed her some money. "Thanks, Ronnie. Well, let me know when you open up your plant shop. I'll definitely drop by."

"Sure thing. See ya, Angie."

"Bye!"

__________ __________

a/n: i was super excited about introducing Ronnie in the rewrite of 'Open My Eyes' because she's this kickass flower shop attendant with sleeve tattoos, eyebrow and lip piercings, and a sick pink Vespa detailed with thorns.

but as the rewrite continued (this scene was originally in chapter three), Ronnie never came up again . . . and so i made the difficult decision to eliminate her appearance.

however, i could still introduce you to her through this deleted scene, so that's good at least!

(also, it was fun to share with y'all my minuscule knowledge about flowers and their meanings, aka my google skills)

hugs :3