t w o

[dedicated to Leefbr]

Ender knew he would be late to his early morning watch shift, but he didn't really care. One of his dads would cover for him. Sure, they would yell at him a lot, but he didn't really give a shit about that right now. He couldn't bare to be alone on the morning watch right now- alone with his thoughts. He was already late to his shift when he and Soph got back from the party, but he purposefully chose to stay with Soph a little longer. Sometimes, being alone felt so unbearable.

He parked his Lexus and shifted into his white wolf, looking for either of his dads to relieve them from the shift. To his surprise, neither of his dads are out. But that didn't really worry Ender. Rarely anyone ever crossed their pack boundaries. On the off chance that someone did, Ender would be in trouble. Thankfully, he smelled a fellow pack member out. It shouldn't have come as a shock to Ender that Brandon was out patrolling, covering for Ender. Brandon was always covering Ender's ass even though he was three years younger than him.

Thanks, Brandon. Ender mindlinked Brandon. Ender knew he should have been more grateful, but he didn't ask for his help. You didn't have to cover for me.

It's no problem. Anything to help the pack, you know. I was already up. Brandon replies. Bullshit. What high school student was up at 5 AM on a Saturday? Brandon was so perfect it bothered Ender. Brandon had light, brown skin from his mixed heritage. Ender knew it was a shitty thought, but he couldn't help but think how he looked like how his dads' child would have looked if they could have children. They would love to have him as a son, and Brandon would love to be a future alpha. He loved leading, and he naturally excelled at most things. He would graduate at the top of his class this year, similar to how both Ender's dads in high school.

Brandon was annoyingly perfect. He actually reminded Ender a lot of Saint. Ender let his thoughts drift back to Saint. Cute, closeted Saint. Saint probably did well in school too. He probably was a leader and naturally athletic. He probably fit more in Ender's family than Ender did. Ender's dads would love to have Saint or Brandon as a child.

Yeah, yeah. Do me a favor and don't mention this to the Alphas?  Ender felt a little guilty asking this of Brandon, but he might as well not get in trouble.

Sure. I'm gonna head back now, if you have everything covered? Ender rolled his eyes. Of course, he had everything covered. He had been doing this pointless shit since he was fourteen.

+++

"Bro. My head is killing me," Perez complained to Saint.

"Hang on," Saint said, getting out of bed to get Perez some medicine.

He got Perez a glass of water and two tablets of ibuprofen.

"Take this," Saint handed Perez the pills and water.

"You're a lifesaver, babe," Perez said, blowing Saint a kiss. Saint laughed it off, but couldn't imagine being as carefree as Perez. He could never see him blowing a guy a kiss, even just as a joke. However, after being in a locker room long enough, Saint learned laughing it off was the most appropriate response if you weren't willing to flirt back. Saint did not have the luxury of fake-flirting, or at least he didn't think he did. It most likely was all in his head though. He probably could catch Perez' kiss, and they both would laugh, but Saint didn't even want to take the chance.

That handsome stranger really got into his head yesterday. Saint couldn't even sleep properly. He had all these questions and thoughts floating around his mind. He wanted to talk about it, but he couldn't exactly talk to anyone about it. He could talk to that guy, but he didn't even know his name. However, he did know Sophia's name though.