e i g h t e e n (m)

[dedicated to @cassiegorilla]

"We're sorry. You have reached a number that is disconnected or that is no longer in service." Saint shouldn't have been surprised. Of course, he was still blocked. Ender wouldn't have had a change of heart since last night when he tried calling. For the past week, Saint had been trying to reach Ender, but his attempts were useless. Still, when he woke up and went to bed he completed his ritual of seeing if his number and social media accounts were blocked. Spoiler alert: they were.

Saint had always hated when people were mad at him. He was a people pleaser through and through, which was a root issue for a lot of his own problems. For example, Saint was not ready to come out because he did not want to disappoint anyone. However, what was happening right now was a sort of different situation. Saint could not help that he was gay, but he could help how he treated Ender. He just hated to think about how everything went down. He would love to explain himself to Ender, but he also understood why he was blocked.

"Dude, I'm saying this because I love you, man, but you look like shit," Perez stated from across the dorm.

"If you haven't noticed, I've looked like shit this entire week," Saint admitted.

"Everything alright?" he asked.

Saint groaned and rubbed his eyes. Since last week, his sleep schedule had gone to shit.

"Not really," Saint mumbled.

"C'mon lay it on me. Tell daddy Perez your issues." Saint rolled his eyes.

"No thanks." Saint felt hopeless, and highly doubted there was anything he could do.

"What! According to Sophia, I'm a great listener. She says I should consider being a therapist." Saint rolled his eyes because no matter how mentally deranged a person was he couldn't imagine willingly seeking Perez' advice.

But actually, he did say something helpful. Maybe, this conversation with Perez wasn't completely useless.

"I don't believe she said that, but you actually gave me an idea," Saint said. Perez thought about it for a moment.

"She may have said something closer along the lines of how I'm terrible listener and should never consider going into the field of psychology." Saint laughed. "Well, what's your idea?"

"Mind your business," Saint smirked.

"Even after all my help?" Perez shook his head in disbelief and feigned hurt. Saint ignored him and quickly started to write a message to Sophia. His thumbs hovered over his keyboard doing a little dance. He had no idea what to say. He highly doubted Ender would have told Sophia about him and Ender, and Saint really did not want to out himself to her right now. He took a deep breath. Just when he thought he was getting somewhere he was back at square one. Operation Get in Contact with Ender was proving to be more difficult than any schoolwork assignment.

Saint: Hey, can we talk?

He would take it one step at a time. Sophia answered so damn fast he had no time to think.

Sophia: yea what's up

Saint: Ender and I recently became friends....

Saint had no idea where he was going with this. He wanted to just tell her to make Ender unblock him, but he was almost positive she would ask questions.

Sophia: i had no idea. that's cool lol

Saint: He's mad at me. I can't text him or anything. Can you please tell him to call me?