Thirty-Six

Warning- This update may be inappropriate and stuff. *sigh* I really suck at warnings.

--------------------------------------------

Pain was all I knew. I wanted more than anything to fade into the darkness, if only to release me of the pulsing agony, but something kept the darkness from taking me. Perhaps it was my fear of death. Or perhaps it was the pain itself.

Jacobi carried me into the headquarters, where no one was around to stop him from taking me through the halls. It was only when he had carried me up the stairs and down another hallway that we were greeted by another person.

“What happened? Are we being attacked?” I heard Wyatt asked his voice deep and serious.

“Not yet,” Jacobi responded simply, pushing past him. Another form appeared quiet and deliberating. For some reason, I knew Corentine stood watching me, almost gleeful at my current state of agony. It was when the remaining two vampires appeared that a loud screech filled the hallway.

“Elysia! What happened?!” Aveline touched my flesh, causing me to whimper in pain. She sharply pulled away, but hovered suffocating close.

“I can’t feel her,” Xander abruptly stated from behind her. “Can you feel her?” Aveline hesitated, reaching out to touch me but pausing above my flesh. I felt a wave of hot power brush over me, tracing parts of me lightly before being pulled away.

“Our claim is gone,” She said in confusion. “You removed it, Jacobi?”

“No,” He responded shortly. “Go back to your rooms.” The order left no room for argument, so everyone moved to leave except for Aveline.

“Go, Evelyn,” Jacobi ordered dangerously, his form seething with building rage. She hesitated only a moment longer before moving to join Xander. When everything was quiet in the hallway, Jacobi continued to carry me into a separate room, skillfully shutting and locking the door behind him. I was carried to a bed and lowered. No matter how carefully he tried to lay me on the bed, the pain shocked my body, and I cried out in response. Once I was released, I laid still, struggling to breathe through the daggers in my side.

Jacobi began to pull off his clothes slowly, tossing them to the floor carelessly while avoiding looking directly at me. I looked away from him; embarrassed that he would think now was a good time to change clothes, no matter how bloody they were. When he was stripped down to his boxers, he didn’t move to replace the removed clothing. Instead, he crawled onto the bed towards me dangerously, now watching me with an intensity glowing in his golden brown eyes.

He hovered over me carefully, avoiding touching my body. Then he grasped parts of my dress and began to rip at them cautiously, peeling the wet fabric from my flesh so that I was only left in my panties to reveal my injuries for him to see directly. I wanted to crack a joke about how much of my clothes he’s torn up since I met him, but I found myself unable to do so. Instead, I watched his face harden emotionlessly as he looked over my flesh quietly.

“I’m going to heal some of your wounds,” Jacobi stated, his tone serious and dark. “Then we have to talk before I waste any more of my energy on you.” His last words were angry and sent a sliver of dread throughout me, but I couldn’t struggle to avoid his rage.

I held still as I felt that low hum of his spirit vibrating around me, rising with his hand which he carefully led inches from the flesh of my navel. For a moment, the pain continued to pulse throughout me. Then I felt that cool electricity of his spirit caressing me, rolling around and through me possessively. I instinctively arched my back, ignoring the pain and rising to press my skin against his hovering hand almost desperately. In response, he pushed me flat against the bed and continued to draw his spirit over me. The way in which it grasped at me was more aggressive than usual, dominating and wild. I gasped, overwhelmed by the pleasure and fire that pulsed through me.