|| F O U R T Y- T H R E E ||

The red witch was known all over the kingdom, even the king and queen have visited her once in their life.

She was known as a powerful witch who loves to play with people. What I mean in play is to mess with their heads.

She's a little bit peculiar from what I heard. Not taking any kind of money and taking answers before she take your request.

"So she ask questions?" I ask Luci who came here for a visit.

"She ask riddles" Luci said as she sipped on her coffee.

"But why?" Luci shrugged in response.

This red witch is a weird type of person.

Luci told me that she'll go to the bathroom and I just nodded, still feeling a bit weak. Looking at the garden, the leaves away from the rhythm of the wind and I could hear a lullaby.

It was soft and weak, I looked around but there's not even a hint of shadow. I continue to observe and ignore the lullaby but before I knew it, my eyes have already close themselves.

It was the same dream.

Same apartment, same people ignoring me as I work and the same pattern of life.

I didn't know what was wrong, nor how much it unsettles me. It wasn't real but there's something that bugs me.

Why am I dreaming the same thing?

"-iah! Wake up!"

Why should I? I feel tired, I just want to sleep.

"Iseiah!"

It's not my name, I just want to sleep.

There's a bang heard in the background and I like feel myself being lifted up and being shook repeatedly.

Why can't they let me sleep?

"Iseiah wake up!"

It was a man's voice.

Someone I used to know, or was he?

"Wake up!"

I can't, I feel tired.

"Haru and Fuyu needs you!"

Something tugged on my soul and before I knew it, I was gasping in tears as I tried to settle my sobs. He immediately embraced me and continue to rock my body in slow rhythyms until I calm down.

Opening my red rimmed eyes, I saw Alec with a deep serious eyes set on looking at me. I grew a bit uncomfortable by his stare and shift my body around to see Luci with her eyes red and a frowning crown prince.

"A-uhm...Alec?" My voice croaked at first but Alec didn't even notice, be was still bent on staring at me and caging me in his arms.

"The crown prince is here" I whispered to him, my eyes darting towards the crown prince and him.

"Don't do that again" he muttered solemnly, his grip tightening on my body once more then he loosen up.

"Greet-"

"Just rest, no need to do your greetings" the crown prince said as he soothes Luci's tears. "Judeus, we need to talk, it's urgent" he added.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine, go do your thing" I told Alec and pried his fingers in my hands.

He looks like he was in much more pain than I am, but I shook my head and tell him I'm fine. He nodded and kissed my forehead, telling me he'll make it fast.

I go towards Luci and held her hand tightly in between my hands.

"I'm fine"

"Stop saying you're fine! Have you seen yourself? You...you continue to sleep after I-I shook you and shout at you! And-and that's not n-normal!" She was a mess but I knew her heart was more.

"I'll be fine, I promise you"

"You better be!" Then she hugged me tightly. "You still need to attend my wedding!" She added as I nodded at her.

I'll be fine.

I'll try.

...

I was reading a book in our bed when I felt the bed dipped slightly. Looking up, I saw my husband having a weary look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I caressed his face and ask gently.

"Nothing" he smile, the look on his eyes are different from what he's trying to present to me.

"We'll be fine" I told him and kissed him deeply.

I don't know what took over me and kissed him. It was usually him doing the first action not me, so it was a little surprising for me.

He didn't hold back and held my head gently, his hands combing my hair in a soothing way.

Gentle and warm, it was a new experience for me. Like teenagers, we try to manoeuvre on our own way, dipping our toes in cold and hot water in between. It was new and at the same time, it's not.

The kiss was slow, his body were warm to the touch as I feel the planes on his body. Kissing him like this is new to me, it was slow and something is added here.

It wasn't lust not excitement.

It was adoration.

I finally noticed, all the times I tried to think that he wasn't real, they weren't real and most of all, my feelings aren't real.

And I just noticed this when my time is limited.

***

Yes it's a short chapter, my head's killing me so pardon me.

Thank you everyone for the votes! I'll try my best to finish this story since I will have a lot of reports and test to take in the next week so yeah.

I hope you can understand if I didn't update.

Anyways, please do VOTE. COMMENT.SHARE

Thank you!