11. They once were eight

How do you hide from a ghost? They can walk through walls, pass through any object and if they are powerful enough, they can move objects and bend reality to their will.

As the eight boys raced through the house, their possessions became their worst nightmares; books flying off shelves and furniture slamming into walls.

It felt like there was no escape. Their home becoming their hell.

The house fell silent for a moment, the only sound being the ragged breaths escaping their lips.
"Where's Namjoon?"
Jin asked.
A sickening crack echoed through the house and the seven boys looked at each other, knowing their friend was no longer with them.

Hoseok and Taehyung were the next two to go. After Tae was knocked down by a table being thrown at him, Hobi turned to help him up, only to feel a sharp, piercing pain in his gut. Tae looked up at his hyung while the others stared in shock. Hoseok fell to the floor, his final breath falling from his lips. Tae closed his eyes, accepting his fate.

Jin, Yoongi, Jimin, Jungkook and Y/n hid in Jungkook's room. They sat there, knowing what their fate would be.
"I don't want to die."
Jungkook spoke in a quiet voice.
"I don't want too either Kookie. It's okay though, we'll die together at least."
Jimin's eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry."
Y/n sobbed quietly.
"This is my fault. None of you should have ever been hurt by him."
Yoongi held the boy.
"Don't blame yourself. You didn't know he hadn't passed on."

In their moment of realisation, they began to reminisce.
"Do you remember when we first met Y/n and we thought he was scary?"
Jin smiled at the memory.
"Yeah. I still remember the first time Hobi fell off the stair-railing trying to recreate Mary Poppins."
Yoongi chuckled.
"That was only the first time. He did it more than once."
Jimin giggled at the thought of Hoseok ungraciously landing on his butt while trying to be cool.

"He's not here anymore though. Hoseok is gone and so are Tae and Namjoon. We'll all end up like them soon."
Jungkook frowned.

The house had been eerily quiet but they knew it wasn't over. The psychopathic ghost was simply toying with them, playing with his prey.

Jin looked at the others, before speaking.
"I have a plan. It may not work but if it does, you'll make it out of here."
They all looked at Jin, a sudden wave of hope washing over them.