6. Going Back Home

(THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN REVISED. REREAD TO SEE WHAT CHANGED AND WHAT HAPPENS!!)

There's always been a delicate balance in the world. Between Good and Evil. Calm and Chaos. Destruction and Construction. Life and Death. Light and Dark. You can't have one without the other. Sometimes I find myself wondering...

...........what would happen if you tip the scales ever so slightly?

I sit on my couch watching the TV at a low volume, my head swirling with thoughts as it has been for the past few days. Luckily it's daytime, so I can watch with little to no risk. They only come at night it seems. And everyone thinks I've gone somewhere.

I don't remember how long it's been since AJ came to see me. I've been hoping he'd come back again, but something tells me he wasn't going to. I had finally pushed him away one final time. But this time was different. He left on his own accord. Does that mean he doesn't want me anymore?

"You came back....only to leave me alone again," I mumble into the pillow I hold. I wonder what he's up to honestly, and I would be a fool and a liar if I didn't say I miss him. I sigh and shut the TV off, tossing the pillow to the side.

I don't use my ability very often, but I know I have one. I got sick a long time ago after Alex left and when I woke up, I felt different. Not to mention those same people who came after him all those years ago started chasing me too, only another hint that I had been given some type of power. I close my eyes and concentrate on everything about Alex that draws me to him. His scent, his smile, the way I feel in his arms, his hand in mine. He's a light and I'm some dumb insect. A moth to a flame.

《•Alex•》( ・ω・)

"Hey! Wake up man!" My head hurts so badly. My eyelids flutter open and I see 13 leaning over me. "Ladies and gentlemen, he lives!" I blink and sit up slowly. Looking around. I'm in a room with medical equipment. There was an IV line in my elbow, fluid dripping through the transparent tube and into my veins.

"What happened?" I ask, my voice raspy from disuse. I try to sit up as best I can, slowly as to not reawaken whatever. 13 shrugs, scratching his head. It was only the two of us here, but anyone who thought that sincerely is a pure idiot. No one is ever alone. You have cameras and microphones all over. But I don't think they're in the bedrooms which surprises me. That's the one place I think they would really put them.

"Dunno, the nurse said you passed out all of a sudden. And once she starts healing her power doesn't stop until she's done. The other nurses are basically here for moral support it looks like," he says, rubbing his chin. I shake my head, instantly becoming dizzy. My hand flies to my head, and I lay back down a little, my head resting against the hospital bed and the thin pillow beneath me.

"Where's 6 and 21?" I question, trying to regain my vision as it starts to swirl, black dots appearing now and again. Again, he shrugs. Does he know anything? Like, seriously. Why is he even here? He serves no purpose to anything.

"Haven't seen 'em all day. Think they're training." I must look confused because he chuckles and adds, "The kids aren't the only ones trained." I blink slowly and nod, the fading dizziness getting stronger. I groan and he pats my shoulder. "Because you're just the perfect soldier, don't give a shit about anything and take orders without question, means you don't really have to train. But that puts a huge gap between the rest of us."

"How long was I out?" The question comes out low. I fear the answer, but something tells me I already know it. Like I can feel it in my being or something.

"Um. Couple days. Three at most." My head snaps to him and I ignore the sick feeling rising in my stomach and the holes in my sight that appear from being dizzy, once again. "I know. Normally you're not gone that long. If at all. It was strange for us too."