Part II Chapter 36 - Aftermath

In the corridors of the Academy, a young woman was making her way to the teachers' room. Holding four cups of coffee in her hands, she was struggling to not burn herself as the hot liquid threatened to spill at each of her steps. Arriving at her destination, she gently kicked the door a couple of times to announce her arrival as someone came to open up.

"Oh my, Mrs. Olga! Let me help you with that."

Finally off-loaded of her extra cups of coffee, the young teacher came to grab a chair at the table, where most of her colleagues were already seated.

"So, did I miss anything?" She asked, going right to the point.

As a new teacher in the school, Mrs. Olga felt really pressured into giving her best for her students. Because of that, she often spent her Friday afternoons providing support sessions for pupils in difficulty. Despite this, she was still very interested in the duels' outcome, as they could sometimes be very unexpected. As soon as her last session ended, she headed straight to the teachers' room, as she knew her colleagues would be there, discussing the students' performance.

"This time was spectacular!" A male teacher exclaimed, as he extended his arm to reach for one of the cups of coffee. "You've really missed something, Mrs. Olga. There were so many surprising outcomes!"

"Really?" This is what she had been hoping to hear. "What happened?"

"Well, to be exact, out of all the duels that were held today, only two of them were very unusual," the male teacher explained.

But it was still two times too many, so Mrs. Olga's interest didn't decrease one bit.

"The first fight was a duel between mages. Both students were from Mrs. Borge's class and one of them was the best in his class."

"And he lost?" Mrs. Olga guessed.

Her colleague nodded.

"Not only did he lose, but the way he lost was really strange!"

"How so?"

The male teacher brought a hand to his neck, looking slightly embarrassed.

"Well, I'm not sure," he admitted, his gaze wandering on the table. "I'm only a math teacher so I'm not really familiar with magic, but... We didn't see anything."

Mrs. Olga frowned at his explanation.

"What do you mean, 'you didn't see anything'?"

"It's just as you heard, the girl casted a spell, but we couldn't see anything. Her magic was invisible."

The young woman frowned even further. Support spells were often invisible, but when it comes to invisible offensive spells, only one kind of magic crossed her mind. Dark magic. However, it shouldn't have been possible. Not only did this school not teach anything about it to its students as it was a forbidden art, but only demons were known to use dark magic. And there were no demons in the Academy.

As she was thinking this, Mrs. Olga turned her attention to Mrs. Borge, who had stayed silent until now. If anyone here could be able to tell what really happened, it would be her, a teacher from the intermediate classes, specialized in magic. Moreover, this concerned her student. She was the best one to know about her abilities.

"Did that really happen?" Mrs. Olga inquired.

But Mrs. Borge only gave her a long sigh as an answer.

At that moment, the door opened as the head-teachers entered the room. The duels had long ended now, and after finally closing up the event, it was time for them to consult each other about it. As usual, they decided to hold their usual post-event meeting in the teachers' room.