Part II Side Story - The Adventures of a Lonesome Soul

He knew nothing but void. No matter where he went, the world was cold. He did not feel anything, he did not want anything. He was just there, floating in this everlasting darkness, in this everlasting silence. He was nothing and everything at the same time. He was part of the universe.

But then, his world changed. Out of nowhere, a glimmer of light appeared. For the first time, he felt embraced by something other than the cold. For the first time, something arose in him. Beguiled by a gentle whisper, he followed the light.

And he was born.

Everything changed around him. The cold darkness he once knew was now completely gone. Thousands of colors came to enlighten his monochrome existence as the world around him started to take shape. He was no longer empty. He could feel warmth filling his body. He was there, he was alive, he was existing.

But the burden of existence quickly started to show. He was alone in this unfamiliar place. He was scared. Completely disoriented, he started to inspect his surroundings. And he saw her. In this intimidating world, she was the only thing that seemed familiar to him. He felt drawn to her. He could immediately tell: she was his glimmer of light. She was his mother.

"Pika?"

But his mother did not seem very pleased. He had yet to learn about this world, but he could instinctively feel the disappointment in her. He did not understand. He wanted to comfort her somehow, but he did not know how.

When someone suddenly burst out laughing, he noticed that they were not alone.

"What is this thing? A yellow rabbit? It looks so stupid! Hahaha!"

"A-Actually it's a mouse..."

What strange looking creatures! They looked similar to his mother somehow, but for some reason, they felt intimidating. They did not share her warmth. They did not have this familiar scent which he was so attracted to.

"You... Are you making fun of me? Are you seriously planning to use this stupid rabbit to fight my Tisdus? Tisdus! Eat him!"

Before he could finish assessing the situation, an even stranger looking creature attacked him. He did not have the time to react. He did not have the reflex to. But as soon as the creature's fangs sank into him, something triggered in him. For the first time, he felt pain. And he did not like it. He hated it. It was no wonder his mother did not look pleased with such an annoying creature around. Unconsciously, he released all his energy in a sudden electrical burst. And the creature vanished.

Now that the nuisance was gone, he turned back to his mother. But she still did not look pleased. In fact, she looked horrified. Why? What was she unhappy about?

"Pikachu!"

Instinctively, he knew: that was his name. She was calling him. His mother was calling him.

"Shh! Shh! Leave! Disappear! Get away from here! I don't want to see you anymore!"

Pikachu did not understand what she was trying to say, but he was happy. She was looking his way, calling his name. Her voice was soothing. Her sight was comforting. So he tilted his head, and silently watched her, as she kept waving her arms in his direction.

But his mother still looked worried. When he noticed the presence of someone approaching, however, he finally understood. They were the source of her worries. And if that was the case, then he just needed to get rid of them, like the others. However, before he could carry out his plan, his mother dashed towards him. And she kicked him.

Pikachu was confused. He did not understand. Why would she do that? In all cases, he was not happy. He immediately retaliated the only way he could: by delivering a new electrical shock. But his mother did not seem willing to reflect. Instead, she kept waving at him aggressively. Upset, he turned around and walked away.