Now We're Even

It started raining on the way back to the pack lands. Kale was holding me, gripping me tight with a deep frown.

Memories seemed to be falling over me like the drops of rain on my face. But for some reason, I giggled and poked the dark haired male's mouth.

"I recognize that face. That's the face you made at me when we met." I told him and he looked at me before a small snort could be heard.

"I'm sorry I treated you so badly Aubrey, I was being stupid."

"Aren't we all at times?" I asked with a smile as we continued along.

I found myself leaning my head on Kale's shoulder as he tried to hurry me back to the pack. Kelly was lagging behind a bit, but she wasn't really wearing the best running attire.

"You're saving me you know that?" I asked and Kale hummed. "I guess we're even now. I saved you, and now you're paying me back the favor." I giggled a little.

He didn't say anything, I didn't look up at him, more and more memories were running through my mind. Almost like a movie playing out in front of me.

Then another memory came to mind, making me sigh.

"I didn't reject your proposal because I didn't love you Kale. I do." I told him in somewhat of a murmur. The Alpha was silent as he picked up the pace just a bit.

"I was just surprised, scared even. But I'm not anymore...I'd marry you now, if you still want me. But.." I draped a hand out of his arms.

"I made someone a promise. I pinkie promised I'd protect them..so.. if you wanted to marry me still, you've gotta adopt a couple of kids with me." I told him as I felt a small hand grab hold of mine.

I wasn't looking at Kale as my eyes had started to droop closed when I heard him speak.

"I wouldn't mind that at all."

I squeezed the hand in mine softly with a smile.

"Ok then...deal." I hummed before sighing softly, my eyes closing. I tried to hang on, now all I felt was tiredness and pain.

Yet, I didn't mind the pain.

I was Happy.