Chapter 4: I'll Admire You From A Safe Distance

If I wait here just a little, will I be able to see you? I'm sure I won't but far away at the place we first met, seems like I can see you.

Shownu & Kihyun

CHAPTER 4

Honestly, Mew didn't know how he could focus or how he carried out the event without a hitch. On the surface it seemed like nothing was wrong; nothing was out of the ordinary.

As soon as Mew came into the dressing room provided for the event, Bosser knew something was on the actor's mind. He was quieter, looking distracted as makeup artists buzzed around him. He didn't even engage them in small talks, only nodding or shaking his head in reply with a polite smile.

As soon as he walked out the stage, Mew put his game face on. He greeted the enthusiastic emcee politely and waved at his screaming adoring fans.

And Bosser didn't get to ask him anything. He eyed Mew extra carefully as he received countless bags from fans along the way, immediately handing them over to the event committee for safekeeping. With how generous the fans were, even the manager was surprised with the extravagant gifts – brand names after brand names - that if he were ever to lose them Mew might not pay his salary for several months. The manager felt that Mew might not have to buy new clothes with how much he received.

Thankfully, the event went smoothly. Mew posed for pictures, showing off his jawline in a sexy pose, making a cute face at the request of fans even entertaining childlike questions from the crowd. It was all in good fun. Lucky fans got to participate in games with the star, supervised by the chirpy fun emcee. The meet-and-greet wrapped up with fans lining up for Mew's autograph and a selfie together. Some fans took the opportunity to pass the actor some gifts too, which Mew accepted graciously.

It was only on his way home, driven by Bosser, that the Thai-Chinese actor realised that he never went through with his plan for the day.

-M-

"Phi khrab," Gulf said into the phone, "how's the event? Did you give it to him?"

"Ai nong, let me breathe, I'm fine by the way," Gift chuckled. "The event went okay, I got an autograph for you, baby. And yes, I gave him your gift. What was in it? It's heavier than your usual. Oho, my arms are hurt now."

"That's a secret, phi," Gulf moaned, ignoring his older sister's teasing. He was giddy just imagining Khun Mew Suppasit unboxing his latest gift. And hoped he liked it. He didn't know what to give Mew that he spent weeks just thinking of what would be nice. What was a good present for an actor, who had everything and who could easily buy anything?

In the end, Gulf bought some socks and a kindle. The combination might look odd but nobody could really follow the 19-year-old's thoughts. The socks were because Gulf found some cute ones while shopping for his. He kept losing his socks, weirdly of one foot's. Even his mother took notice.

"You need new socks na, luk," Mrs. Traipipattanapong shook her head in a slight reprimand one morning as Gulf was putting on his socks – one black the other light blue, a clear mismatch. Gulf could only sigh as he shared his mother's sentiment.

The kindle was purchased after Gulf saw an interview of Mew's. Pretty generic questions posed but then Mew mentioned how he didn't have enough time to read much less buy a book with his schedule. The 26-year-old also said how he liked reading while travelling. That gave Gulf the idea that having an e-reader would be so convenient. So he took out some money from his savings and got the best one he could find.