Chapter 10: Look Into My Eyes

Hey guys! I apologise for not posting this chapter last week. Sucky real life situation on my already busy schedule so this had to wait. I'm really sorry.

But anyway, here's the chapter and I hope you guys will still enjoy it despite being a week late. Thank you so much to all you who read my story and giving me your lovely, lovely comments. I'll go through them soon and reply you guys. x

P.S. I also got a new story called Goodnight, Love. 

Please give it your love too when you've the time. It's still in its infancy and I keep tweaking my plot like every few seconds whenever the inspiration strikes. I'm being what we call in Korean 'aemae' with the story but I think I got it now lol.   

________________________________________________________________________________

I want the you that meet my eyes

Jeon Jeongguk

CHAPTER 10

Mew watched on, perpetually amused, as Gulf's cutlery danced languidly over his plate in random directions. It was clear that the younger was done eating and was just moving his food around silently. He was definitely full and was waiting for Mew to be done with his meal. The Education major was probably too polite or too shy to tell Mew that he had finished. Gulf was looking intently on his pink plate so he wasn't aware that Mew couldn't take his eyes of the younger man. But Mew wasn't able to hide his fascination.

The younger man before was just too captivating. Even the little things that he did. Mew wasn't sure what it was but there was something so tantalisingly calming just watching Gulf.

They had stopped by at a tiny restaurant just a side of a road, not far from Chula. A typical makeshift space frequented by people around their age. The food was cheap – efficiently made and warming their hungry tummy.

It was a wonder, really, that Gulf agreed to his invitation to eat together.

-M-

There was something desperate in his eyes. It felt like Mew could read and perhaps understand the depths of Gulf's liquid eyes. He was scared. Of what, Mew had no clue. Was it his sudden and rather creepy (now that Mew thought of it) declaration? It wasn't a declaration of love, but it was kind of abrupt.

"Um," Gulf whispered, pulling his hand slowly out of Mew's grip, lips slightly pursed. And Mew didn't miss how he immediately put his hands behind him. Discomfort clear on his face.

They had just met – interacted properly. And Mew decided to expose the younger person. Honestly, he was laughing on the inside, feeling a bit foolish. For a moment he had forgotten that they didn't know each other well, practically strangers. And a stranger suddenly touching you definitely would raise some warning flags and anybody would react similarly to Gulf. If it were someone with an explosive temper, Mew would probably be slapped. He forgot that not anybody was as forward in having physical contact with others as Mew was. And he had forgotten, in his obsessive stalking of the first year student, Mew was the only one familiarising himself with Gulf's quirks. Gulf had only just started talking to him today. And Mew was acting too familiar. Of course, Gulf would be cautious.