Chapter 9: Ding-dong, feelings come a'knockin'

Happy Easter guys! I'm sorry I can't write much on this one. I tried but it's only 6-page long. It's a busy weekend for me. Heck it's a busier than busy week for me. So many things going on, I'm swamped. I need two bodies that I can alternate in for 12 hours each.

Another reason this is short is because I've got like this thing I wanna put in another chapter altogether.

I will have to come back much later and edit this. No idea if what I've written got flow.

I hope you enjoy your chocolates much like the chocoholic me.

I'm a little weird about this subtle feeling

It's just unfamiliar for me so it might be a little slow

Park Kyung

CHAPTER 9

There was this image of Kana in his head. Mew had imagined meeting his favourite fan thousands of time.

Kana would be soft-spoken and thoughtful. Maybe even bashful. Someone quiet. Someone who had a world they lived in and a world they loved.

They might be faceless but it didn't matter to Mew. Some days it was a faceless woman, sometimes a faceless man. Sometimes they had long hair, sometimes short, sometimes they were tall other times petite. More often than not, Mew envisioned a woman, blurred around the edges and overlapped with different looks. It wasn't for a specific reason. It was just an assumption he made, firstly because most of the people who liked him were female, their number overwhelming the few males. This assumption was made stronger because of what Bosser once told him.

"She had a small face, big eyes and sharp nose."

The imaginary look of one Kana with the amazing gifts had somehow taken on these specific features. But as was a normal human imagination, it was limited. He couldn't conjure an image so vivid. Sometimes, he'd try to look for Kana's features in every woman he passed. Sometimes, he wondered if he'd met Kana and never knew.

Kana was probably a more common nickname among the Thai females. He knew maybe one or two girls with such name during high school. Or maybe Kana was a misnomer. Maybe the person he wished to meet wasn't named Kana after all. Maybe the romanised Kana in one of the notes he received was just a random doodle. Or something else entirely.

Maybe the signed 'K' then did not actually stand for Kana. Maybe they made a mistake and wrote it just for fun. There were so many hypotheticals. Mew could speculate all day all he wanted but it was all going to be in his head – one where everything was a guess. Only one person would be able to answer whatever Mew was curious about.

But first he'd meet Kana.

-M-

Gulf was shell-shocked.

"Wha- um..." Gulf tried. An embarrassing gurgle of gibberish came out instead. Instantly, his ears turned red. But he couldn't stop staring at the smiling newcomer.

Actor Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat. His idol.

Was sitting right in front of him. His face was too close and Gulf could see the charming pool of dark swirling eyes of one handsome man. His heart stuttered. But, really, his wide eyes couldn't stray from the other man's face. And he was looking at Gulf too.