part 28

Jungkook couldn't sleep. How could he?

Instead of sleep, I just choose to torture myself and go through all our old photos on my desktop. Great idea, Jungkook.

He had so many photos from the years they were together. All the other times they had broken up over trivial quarrels, he had never deleted anything.

This time was different. It wasn't trivial, it wasn't even a fight. It was just time to end things. She had already made the decision.

I wonder what she even has to say for herself tomorrow.

He's clicking through the files. He has them organized by year, place, occasion. He can't help but sadistically look at each and every photo before he deletes them.

He had photos from every anniversary, all the award shows they went to together, every trip they took, every intimate moment he could spare to take a photo of.

He even made videos of her from their trips he was going to post on G.C.F. for their next anniversary that was coming up. He just hadn't finished them yet.

I guess I won't need to anymore.

He sighed as he dragged the video file to the recycle bin.

Suddenly his phone vibrated. He was hesitant to check, afraid that it might be IU. To his relief, it wasn't, but he didn't exactly know if he wanted to face her quite yet.

 To his relief, it wasn't, but he didn't exactly know if he wanted to face her quite yet

Especially not if she knew what happened.

I'm sure she's already checked her phone and read the news.

He hears a soft knock at the door and goes to answer without hesitating.

It must be her.

He finds Y/n standing there in a fluffy robe holding two bowls of cereal, one of them happening to be Jungkook's favorite.

"Namjoon came into the kitchen as I was looking for a snack. I told him you seemed like you were up but hadn't answered me so I decided to ask him what your favorite cereal was," she offered the bowl to him, which he accepted.

"Can I come in, Jungkook?"

He nodded as he stepped aside the doorway to let her into his dark room and set the cereal on his desk. He suddenly forgot he still had all those photos of IU up on his desktop screens as Y/n plopped in front of his desk.

He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as she stared blankly at the screens while munching away on cereal.

"Deleting everything?"

He sighed with relief she didn't question anything else, but was also shocked at how nonchalant she was.

"Yeah... I am."

"I get how you feel. To have millions of eyes watch your relationship disintegrate when it should have been a private event is terrible. I'm sure you guys already looked it up. There's no shame in that. I just want you to know I'm here and I understand, Jungkook."