Chapter two

Chapter two: it's funny how fast years go by.

Enjoy!

***

I could swear that my mom visited in my dreams. I heard her sweet angelic voice.

The words she was saying were unacceptable.

She told me to forgive Chase, but after what he told me?

I think it'll take time for me to forgive. You can't just ignore and forget.

I sighed as I thought that I would let my mom down and not listen to her.

Leaving my room finally after six hours, I went down to see Chase talking to his parents about his trip. He stopped to look at me, and his eyes showed sadness, but I just avoided him.

I felt someone wrap their arms around me from behind; he put his chin on my shoulder and sighed.

"You look happy today," I told Tyler. Tyler looked nothing like Chase, and Chase looked more like the baby of the family; Luke.

He was well dressed, his curly brown hair. He looked like a model. He was tall for his age, I bet he's the tallest in his class, and I bet all the girls his age drool over him.

"Dumpy, come over here and hug me," the voice of my enemy appeared, and I gagged inside.

"I am talking to Scar, can't you see?" He pointed at me.

"Sorry, I am not delusional like you," Chase snickered. "I don't see nonexistent people, sorry."

"And how do you know that Scarlett is a person if she doesn't exist?" Eleanor scrunched up her nose.

"Did I claim that Scarlett is a person?" Chase raised a brow.

"Yes, you did, halfwit," Tyler nodded. "You clearly said, and I quote, I don't see nonexistent people. People is the plural of person."

Chase rolled his eyes, "meatball."

***

I was sat in my bedroom, watching Netflix. When a knock interrupted my peaceful night, I sighed as I said, "come in!".

Walking into the room was Chase. He was shirtless and hot.

I looked at his face, trying so hard not to look at his body. "What do you want?"

"Have you seen my wireless headphones?" He asked, looking around the room.

"No, I didn't. Why would I?" I rolled my eyes.

He sighed, "because you used to use it three years ago."

"Three years ago? Have you got no money to buy another one?" I questioned him.

"I have more than you," he joked. "Just answer me, have you seen it?"

"Didn't I clarify that I didn't see it?" I groaned.

"Got a stick stuck in your ass?" He huffed.

"Are you blind? Because I'm not sure if you can see that I'm busy right now and don't have time for your sorry ass!" I raved. "Now get out of my room and don't show me your ugly, annoying ass face again!"

I stood up to escort him out, and when he was out, I shut the door but before I locked it.

I heard him say,

"I was just looking for a reason to talk to her, and I missed her."

But no, I couldn't let him get to me.

It's funny how I could relate to every sad song, and I never thought I'd go through them.

It's funny how fast years go by.

I even forgot what's it like to have a best friend by my side.

***

I bit my lip as I went through my closet, it was the following day, and I hesitated on what to wear.

You see, I'm not like the other girls when it comes to fashion. I'm always confused about what t-shirt matches with my shorts. I was feeling shorts today, don't ask me why.

I licked my lips and thought, why am I worried about what to wear? I don't usually care.

Then, it hit me.

Chase Peterson would be at my school, and I have to show him that I changed. Although I never did, I still wear the clothes I wore two years ago, which is a shame, I know.

I've planned this day ever since he laid a foot out of this house.

Step one: avoid him as much as you can.

Step two: show him that you changed.

Step three: sit with your 'friends' at lunch.

Step four: do-

"Sweetie, Leo is waiting for you downstairs."

Of course, Eleanor had to interrupt my beautiful thoughts, but I'm glad she did.

I would've ruined the plan. *winks at the readers*.

***

Lmao

Thank you guys for reading this chapter. It means a lot. Please share this book with your friends!

Also, please don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

Thank you.