Chapter twelve

Sorry for this late update, I have many personal issues right now. By the way, thank you for the 400+, you're amazing!

Chapter twelve: I can't let you go.

***

Breathe, Scarlett, breathe.

You have a brother who you did not know about until now.

My brother existed, and I wanted to meet him, so bad.

I needed to know the truth.

***

Entering the police station, I had no idea how to find my half brother. So, I went to the first police officer I saw.

"Hey, can you please help me?" I asked.

"How can I help you?"

"I'm looking for someone," I replied.

"Is she/he lost?" He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"For years," I sighed. "I did not know he existed until now."

"Follow me please," he said, as he led me to a room that looked like an office.

An older man walked into the room, and sat behind the desk. He looked at me, "what brought you here at 12:30?"

"See, I lost my parents thirteen years ago, and just now-"

I got interrupted by another police officer, "sir, we-"

He got interrupted by Chase who came running inside the office.

"Scar, what the fuck are you doing here?" He grumbled. "Let's go home!"

"No, Chase! I want to know who my brother is," I protested. "I can't live knowing that I have a brother! Where did he come from?! I was an only child."

"Come with me and I'll explain!" Chase screamed.

"Anyone's father called David?" I walked out of the room, and looked around the station.

"Scar, I won't tell you if you didn't stop," Chase warned me.

"David Adams?" I said, one last time.

"SCARLETT!" He yelled.

"Kid, shut up! We're not in your house!" One of the officers yelled.

He held my hand and led me out of the police station. We got into his car, and I sighed. "Tell me now, tell me who's my brother."

"Your father was married before your mom, his parents forced him to marry this lady, but they had a divorce when your dad met your mom," he explained. "Your dad fell in love with your mother, and he married your mom, when your mom gave birth to you, he refused to tell his ex wife and his two sons, he didn't want to remember the past, and he didn't want anything to do with her, but he did pay for child support, and he went there to visit them and spend time with them."

I was shocked, my parents never told me that I had siblings.

"I don't think they know about you," Chase shook his head.

"But I have the rights to meet them, Chase," I whispered. "I want to meet them."

We got interrupted by a knock on the window, Chase opened the window.

"Are you guys looking for Noah Adams?" The officer asked.

Chase looked at me, "that's one of them."

"Is he here?" I bit my lip.

"No," he shook his head. "He works in the mornings till the afternoon, come tomorrow at eleven in the morning, and I'll help you find him."

"Okay," I nodded, tears falling from my eyes. "Thank you, I really appreciate-"

"No need to thank me, it's my job!" He grinned, he waved at us and we left.

Chase held my hand and kissed it, "every little secret will come out with time."

He drove to the house and when we reached, I looked at him and gave him a look of disappointment. "Why didn't you tell me that I had a brother earlier?"

"Because he'd want you to live with him," he whispered. "I can't let you go."

Living with your brother.

It doesn't sound bad.

I smiled, "if he asked me to, I would go and live with him."

"We are not going then," Chase shook his head.

"Yes, we are," I rolled my eyes. "I want to live with my family, and he's the only family I will know in a few hours."

"Let's just go inside," Chase whispered.

***

BOOOOM

That was my alarm, I've put at ten. I shut it off, as I rolled out of the bed. I shrieked in pain when I hit the floor, damn me.

I stood up and walked to the bathroom, I did my business and brushed my teeth. I changed to what I wanted to wear, and I chose to wear something comfy yet nice.

I ran downstairs to see Chase, he looked like death

I ran downstairs to see Chase, he looked like death. Eleanor sat on the couch with Joey and Luke, I went up to Luke.

"How are you today?" I asked.

"I'm not your family, why do you care?" He glared at me.

"Because you're my best friend, and best friends care for each other," I replied.

"I used to see you as a sister, and now I see you as nothing," he looked at the tv screen that was playing friends.

"Where are you going?" Joey asked.

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you," I bit my lip. "I'm going out with Chase, to fix things in our relationship."

"I'm so happy to hear that!" Eleanor chirped.

"Yeah, us too! Now we have to go," Chase held my hand and led me out of the house.

We got inside his car, and we drove to the police station. "I'm nervous."

"Why?" Chase asked, letting out a chuckle.

"What do you mean why?" I gasped. "I'm meeting my half brother, he's my brother- oh my god, I'm meeting someone who's related to me."

"Hey," Chase squeezed my hand two times. "Don't be nervous, he's gonna love you."

"Thank you," I smiled nervously. But again, how could I not be nervous?

***

She's meeting her brother, who would've thought?

Thank you!

Please vote and comment!