Chapter twenty-seven

This book has made me addicted and I don't want to finish it... by the way, it's back to Scarlett's p.o.v.

Chapter twenty seven: don't wait for me.

***

Today was the day when we go back to LA, back to our families. I sat next to Chase in the plane, and he was looking out the window. Ever since the kiss, it was nothing but awkward. We barely talked to each other, I mean he tried talking to me, but I kept avoiding him because it's still weird for me.

I wore the plane's headphones and turned on the volume, I listened to music instead of watching a movie.

Camila Cabello was one of my favorite singers, I loved her music, because it always helped me. I played 'this love' by her, and I closed my eyes, feeling the vibe.

Na na na

Know just how to make me miss ya when I'm feeling sentimental,
Going in our separate ways but wind up back here in the middle,
Losing you I couldn't face but to love you is worse,

Waiting for you just in case one day it doesn't hurt,
na na na,
Said it's the last time,
But na na na,
Just like the last time,
Tired of building up my walls,
Just to watch them fall again,
So fuck,

This love calling my name,
Get out of my veins,
If you need your space, then just walk away,
You know how to fuck me up then make it okay,
I guess that's just your game,
And I'm the one who gets played,
Again and again and again and again.

"Scar, can we talk about the kiss, please?" Chase removed my headphones.

"Excuse me, I was listening to music," I huffed. "And there's nothing to talk about, what are you going to say? You kissed me and it was a mistake?"

"It wasn't a mistake, Scar," he whispered. "I kissed you because I still love you."

"Chase, you're my friend," I said. "I'm... I don't want to be anything more."

"You still love me, don't you?" Chase's eyes showed sadness.

"Just as friends," I bit my lip.

I know I was lying to myself, I wanted to believe that I loved him as friends, but the truth is, I'm scared. If we did get together again, if something were to happen, our friendship? Done, and I'm not risking it.

"I'm sorry, Chase," I frowned. "Let me go, don't wait for me."

"I'll always wait for you whether you like it or not," he said.

"There are plenty of girls in this world, beautiful girls," I mumbled.

"But I want you," Chase looked into my eyes. "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life, you're a great person inside and out, and you barely find people like you, I want you to myself, I would do anything to be with you again. Break my heart, kill me, do whatever you want, hurt me, but just know that I'll be here waiting for you, because you already own my heart."

I teared up, "Chase, it's hard, okay? I don't want to risk what we have now, what if something happens and everything just falls apart? You and I know that it wouldn't be like this, it would even be more harder to forgive each other."

"But we'll never ever know if we did not even try," he caressed my cheeks.

"We did, and it failed," I whispered. "So it's better to stay friends, Chase."

"Whatever," he mumbled, turning his head back to the window.

I sighed as I continued listening to music.

***

Arriving at the airport, we went to grab our bags, it was still awkward between us. "I'll call Noah to come pick me up, you don't have to bother taking me back home."

"My car is still here, I'll take you back home," Chase said.

"No, it's fine," I shrugged. "I want to buy a couple of things from here anyway."

"I said I'll take you," Chase insisted.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes. "Just wait here."

***

I bought a couple of things from the store, and headed to Chase's car. We got into the car, and he started it. He drove away, and I wondered how did he let the car in the airport?

"How did they let you leave the car at the airport?" I asked.

"Because we only stayed there for two days," he replied. "They don't mind if it'a not longer than three days."

***

I knocked on the door, and Noah opened the door for me. "Scarlett!"

"Hey, Noah," I hugged him, and he hugged me back.

"I missed you, don't ever leave me again," he pulled away, and kissed my cheek.

"Don't worry, I won't," I smiled sweetly at him.

"You better not," he smirked as he let me in. "So, how was it?"

"It was hard seeing Chase like that, he was his best friend," I pouted. "Makes me want to push people away, so I wouldn't have to deal with their deaths, because it would be hard for me to get over it, especially that I lost my parents."

"Look at me, Scar," he lifted my head up with his finger. "You can't push them away, even if you're scared. It'd be worse if you pushed them away, and they passed, you'd regret not spending more time with them."

"You're right," I whispered. "I can't imagine losing Chase."

And I wasn't talking about death this time.

***

Can you blame her? She thinks that their friendship worth more than some relationship.

Smh

Smh.

Do you guys want them to end up together? 😈

Thank you!!!

Please vote and comment!