Chapter 9

AVA OPENED HER EYES seeing all white. She was confused at first until she saw that she was in an hospital.

She sat up looking around and spots Emmett staring at her causing her to jump.

Her reaction made Emmett feel sad but he understood.

"Ava." He stood up but she put her hand up making him stop.

"Your a... your." She couldn't even say the word because she was in so much disbelief. "Vampire."

"Yeah. Yeah I am." He said Emmett got closer to her sitting at the end of her bed causing her to pull her legs up towards her and scoot back closer towards the wall on the bed.

Ava kept her eye on him scared. She wasn't sure what to say she wasn't sure if she should run or talk to him.

"Are you gonna hurt me." She asked afraid of his answer.

"Of course I'm not." He said. She still wasn't sure what to do. "Your scared."

"Of course I am Emmett." She said. "I don't know what to say."

"I'm still the same person." He said. "I would never hurt you, you know me."

"Not as much as I thought." She said looking away. "Do you..."

"No me and my family we drink from animals. We call ourselves vegetarians, we're different from others. We like to at least still feel human." He said and Ava's eyes widened looking at him.

"There's others? Do they kill people?" Ava asked and Emmett nodded. Ava sighed.

She was still a little scared but she knew Emmett wouldn't hurt her.

"You tried to kill Milo." She said and Emmett sighed.

"I know... It was a natural reaction." He said. "I'm not sure if you'll understand this but vampires have mates. It's like a person that they feel connected the most with, they can feel that that's the one they need to spend the rest of their life with. You can tell already that you love that person and you'll do anything for them."

"And what that's me? I'm your mate?" Ava asked and Emmett nodded.

"Humans don't feel what it is we feel. Vampires as soon as we meet that person it's like it all rushes in and you just know." Emmett said. "But their mate if human can also feel it it's just not as prominent. I know you had to feel something when we first met."

Ava thought back on when she first met Emmett. She knew she felt something but wasn't sure on what it was even over time her feelings for him were developing to fast scaring her.

"Well yeah..." She said looking down.

"If you don't want to be with me and want nothing to do with me than I understand but-"

"Shut up Emmett. I didn't say that." Ava said looking back up at him. "I'm sorry if the way I reacted made you feel some type of way... You just scared me."

"So you don't hate me?" Emmett asked.

"Of course I don't Emmett." Ava said sighing. "I care a lot about you."

Ava stares at Emmett and he began to lean in and she did the same. As soon as his lips touched hers they began to share a very passionate kiss. Emmett pushed her back leaning over her kissing her harder.

"Ow." She said with her hand quickly going towards her stomach. Emmett quickly backed up feeling sorry.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." He said.

"I know my stomach just hurts still." She said. Before Emmett could apologize again Ava kissed him again and they began to make out this time sitting up but someone bursted into the room. They pulled back looking over seeing that it was Carlisle in his doctors uniform.