Chapter 8: Remember This

Chapter 8

*Jordan Simpson*

We had spent about another hour in the restaurant before I finally got them to leave. They were constantly talking to each other and pretty much ignored me the whole time.

Alexa and Natalie were already acting like best friends, and I didn't like it. Natalie seemed just too cheerful and energetic for my liking. It didn't seem right. I mean, she was acting nice and kind, but it was way over exaggerated and I was surprised that Alexa couldn't see that too.

We were driving back in my car, apparently dropping Natalie off at her house, wherever that was. Alexa just started ordering me to do stuff for her. First she stole my food, then I was expected to take her home.

And I never got to talk more to Alexa about what we started off about, before she left. Natalie was interrupting. And I hated it.

Currently, her and Alexa were squealing in the back seats, staring at something's on her phone. It got really annoying after the first, like two minutes so I cranked the radio up to full volume, to try and drown it out.

I got onto one of the main roads, roof down, music blasting. I got a few warning glares from elderly people, one even shouted out at me, but it wasnt like i was speeding or anything. I glanced down to the dashboard. Well, maybe I was a little. I slowed down slightly. I heard Alexa laughing in the back.

It was about 4 in the afternoon but it still felt like midday due to the burning sun.

"Where exactly am I going?" I called back, over the pulsing music. It was Natalie who replied.

"I live on Walburry Street." That was a pretty rich area. I heard more squealing and then heard Alexa's voice.

"That's only a few blocks from mine!" There was more laughing and giggling. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. Correction: I couldn't wait to get rid of Natalie.

In a matter of minutes, I had arrived at Natalie's street. She hopped out animatedly with a huge grin on be face.

Alexa got out with her and then she turned and winked at me.

"See you tomorrow Jordie!"

Oh no she did not. 'Jordie'? I didn't think so. So I just sat there without responding. I almost forgot that she was enrolling at our school tomorrow. Perfect.

Unfazed, she skipped up to her front door with Alexa. They talked for a few minutes before Natalie beamed at me one last time, and unlocked the door disappearing into her house. They were probably just talking about girly things. Thank god she was gone. She was going to be a big problem.

*Alexa Shiffer*

Natalie was such a great person to talk to! Now that he was over the whole depressing relationship problem stuff. She was such a happy person and was always smiling. We literally talked non-stop while we were eating.

Jordan just sat there looking utterly bored for the whole time. Natalie just perched there next to him scoffing his pizza. It looked so funny, his straight face next to her beaming face.

I don't know why Jordan was being so grumpy, Natalie was so nice. However, I did notice her trying to move ever closer to Jordan which seemed to make him feel uncomfortable as he kept discreetly shuffling away.

I didn't really mind her sitting so close to Jordan. It wasn't like we were actually dating. But somehow, I guess I did feel a tiny bit jealous after spending time with him in the field and I did still feel guilty for leaving him on his own for so long.

I decided not to tell Natalie about the whole pretend dating thing between me and Jordan. She didn't ask if we were dating, so I just didn't think it was important. She wouldn't be intested in Jordan so soon after breaking up with Aaron, would she? And if she was interested? I didn't care. Did I?