Chapter-4

Eloise Nicole

"Mom, why do you always decide for me?" I yelled in frustration.

How could she do that? She signed a one time contract with XDS Autotech company without letting me know. I was trying my best to forget him; not to think about him; ignore the images of him that were flashing in front of my eyes but my mother forcefully pushed me into the lion's den.

But that is not the only point. My mother always does that. Most of the projects I'm doing are just because she accepted them without letting me know.

"Why are you getting hyper? It's just a photoshoot, nothing new to you. I'm doing everything for your betterment. If you'll be seen on the cover of XDS magazine, your value and status will hike. You'll get more offers." She replied nonchalantly.

"You're not doing it for me but yourself. To raise your status in the industry." I snapped.

"Control your tongue. I don't have time for this. Be prepared, the photoshoot is tomorrow morning." Taking her expensive purse in her hand she walked out of my apartment; clicking her high pointed heels on the marbled floor.

"When do you have time for me mom? When?" I mumbled.

Sometimes I wish I could disappear for some time or maybe forever. When will I get to live a peaceful life? People think that by being a celebrity, I don't have any problems in my life but they don't know the reality. They don't know that reel life is a lot more different from real life.

:::::::::::::::::

With Trish walking beside me, I entered the XDS building. Evan was busy handling my other work where I couldn't go because of the sudden photoshoot. In the building, I was welcomed by the curious gaze of employees, luckily they were trained to not reach for me for a selfie or autograph. I was thankful for that as I was in no mood to entertain people.

I reached the green room and my frustration elevated when I saw Claire Wilson in the same room but I kept quiet. She's the one whose presence I always try to ignore. She's one annoying, self-centered and selfish woman in the industry. I know about her because I have worked with her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked standing up from her chair.

"You're not the only one signed for the photoshoot." Commenting that I made my way to the rack to check the outfit I was supposed to wear. 

"I'm aware of that but what I'm asking is what are you doing in my green room?" She asked in a clipped tone. I ignored her. It's better to be quiet than arguing.

I'm not a person who likes to argue. I like the idea of peace. But sometimes situations get so bitter that I couldn't stand and have to blast to take my stand. That's how things generally work in this industry, though it makes the news but to stay in this industry you have to be tough, competitive, firm, and ignorant otherwise you don't stand a chance here.

"She too is given the same green room," Trish spoke for me.

"I don't talk to assistants. So you better shut your mouth." Claire's comment ticked my nerve.

"If you want your legs in perfect shape then think before talking to my friend like this." I glared at her.

"How dare you! Who do you think you are?" She seethed in anger.

"Oh, I'm the one you know very well. I'm the one who replaced you on many projects." I never wanted to say that but it slipped off my tongue before I could think.

"El, stop it. She's not worth it. She just wants to create a show." Trish whispered.

I glanced around to see everyone was watching us. I silently sighed. They just want something to gossip about and leak to the media.