Chapter-48

Eloise Nicole Adams

"Daniellll."

I screamed on top of my lungs, feeling extremely irritated. He came running to me but halted his steps abruptly when he saw me, boiling in anger, standing with empty ice cream container in my hands.

"What is this?" I snapped, showing him the empty container.

"Err, you said that you don't like choco-chip ice cream so..." He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

I knew it. It has to be him. No one else was there in the house who could do this.

"I don't like it doesn't mean I won't eat it." I banged the container on the kitchen counter.

I was five months pregnant and after weeks of nausea and lost appetite, I was making up for the lost eating time but my husband who couldn't take his hands off the food was making it hard for me to keep up with my increased appetite. It was the third time I found an empty container of what I was craving for at the moment.

"I'll bring another one for you and only for you, just stop shouting."

"Oh, you have to bring me one. Actually, not one, now I want a lot. I want dumplings, cheese buns, fried chicken, cheesecake-"

"Woah, isn't it too much for you?"

How dare he interrupt me in between?

"Well, your baby is growing here." I pointed at my protruding stomach, throwing daggers at him with my eyes. "Your baby needs a lot of food."

"Our baby, Eloi." His correction was most definitely wasn't needed.

"The amount of food the baby eats tells that this is yours and only yours baby.," I hissed again.

"Hey, calm down, Eloi. Anger is not good for you and our baby." He said gently, taking steps towards me.

"Stop it. I've heard enough for the last five months. Do you think I don't know about it? It's just I don't have control over it." I hissed, moving away from him.

"I understand, Eloi." He tried to reach for me.

"No! You don't. You're not the one carrying the baby. You're not the one experiencing mood swings. And you're most definitely not the experiencing crazy symptoms of pregnancy. It's me, so, no, you understand nothing."

"Okay, I don't understand anything, happy? Now calm down, our baby doesn't want her mother to get angry." He said gently.

"First bring me something to eat."

He phoned Jimmy, who still was my bodyguard and ordered him to bring everything I asked for.

"Let's sit and wait for the food, you must be tired." He took me to the living room and carefully made me sit on the couch and he himself sat on the carpeted floor.

He placed my feet on his lap and started giving a foot massage. "Just relax, okay?"

Dropping my head back on the edge of the backrest of the couch, I closed my eyes and sighed in relief.

It had been a hell of a ride for me. Pregnancy turned me oversensitive. No only hormones, my emotions too were riding on a roller coaster. Sometimes too high and sometimes way too low. One minute I was thrilled and overjoyed about becoming a mother and the next minute I was freaking.

But no matter what, no matter how hard it was turning out for me, I loved my baby boy with all my heart. Yes, we were expecting a boy. The minute Daniel heard about it, first, he freaked out then he jumped in joy. He and my girl gang arranged a gender reveal party and everyone was thrilled when they got to know about the gender.