*Three weeks later*

*Three weeks later*

Layla sighed once again and sat down on the couch. She was home alone since her in laws went to Islamabad for their nieces engagement and Zayn was still not back from work. Layla had noticed that these days he was more stressed, especially after his dad had left for Islamabad. Apparently some really important information got leaked and their rivals happened to have that information. She of course had over heard this conversation.

Zayn and her didn't talk unless it was necessary. He also didn't try another one of his moves on her like he did on the night of their barat and walima. Every time she thought about it, her cheeks heated up and would turn bright red.

She was about to doze off when she heard the front door slamming shut. Her eyes immediately opened at the sudden noise and landed on Zayns figure. He looked tired and worn out.

"A-aap agay?"

(Your home?)

"Of course, where else would I go?" He asked, annoyance seeping through words. Layla just looked down in embarrassment.

"Apko khana laga do?" Layla questioned.

(Should I set the dinner table?)

"Nahi," his cold and emotionless voice rang out.

"Are you sure?" She once more asked, concern evident on her face. He had not even ate breakfast in the morning.

"Yes," he sighed.

"Lekin aap na-" she began once more before getting cut off.

(But you di-)

"I said no, Layla. Don't you understand? Are you that dumb? Gosh, your so f*cking annoying," he yelled at her. Layla flinched at her husbands hard tone. No one talked to her like that and she absolutely hated it. She hated it when someone raised their voice wether it was at her or someone else. The familiar feeling of eyes stinging came back to her.

"Great. Just f*cking great. Now your gonna cry like a little baby aren't you. So pathetic," he said, his voice even harsher than before and rolled his eyes before heading upstairs. Layla's tears came rushing down her face as soon as he turned around. She couldn't control them. This was the first time he had ever made her cry. Layla wasn't used to being talked this way. Her family always talked to her with extreme kindness and didn't raise their voice at her. Their belief was the more strict and uptight you are, the more your child is gonna want to disobey you. Not that this was true for every child though.

After a few minutes of trying to calm herself, Layla got up and warmed up some food for herself. Truth was she was waiting for Zayn to come back to eat with her. After she finished her food, she slowly walked upstairs. She was dreading to go inside the room. She didn't want to face Zayn just yet. Before she knew it, she was standing in front of their room.